Register now to get rid of these ads!

Billetproof Florida - April 9, 2011

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Choptop, Dec 6, 2010.

1. roosters hot rods

roosters hot rods

ME TOO .... To much junk on the road...

2. LAROKE

LAROKE

Not me. Give me freedom!

Besides, how much safer is a late model, pacific rim, suppository shaped, transportation pod zoomin' down the highway with a clueless, texting, numbskull behind the wheel?

3. Well that explains a lot of what we saw at the show.
    But come on have some common sense. Thanks for the heads up. Note to self don't go to florida

4. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Thats gotta be fake, photoshopped, right? Please tell me it ain't real. :eek:

5. customcory

customcory

In the old Hot Rod magazines they used to call these guys "squirrels".:D

6. hotrod mike

hotrod mike

Sadly, they were real (piles). Unbelievable,huh?

7. mtpockits

mtpockits

no brakes and it was inside.

Attached Files:

8. The NSRA Safety inspections are voluntary, you can still drive into their shows with numerous violations... in a "roll by" situation, if it looks the part, it gets in...

There were many t-buckets built without front brakes, at least 30%* lived to tell about it.

* I just made up that number, I look forward to your cards and letters, t-bucket builders of the 60's

9. Gregg Pellicer

Gregg Pellicer

That truck is trailered everywhere it goes. Those other abortions also are trailered everywhere they go.I guess we have gone from car's supposedly to nice to drive that they need to be trailered, to car's that are such POS that they have to be trailered.:confused:

10. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Freedom's one thing but the freedom to drive is a privilege not a right, and you shouldn't have the right to drive a car with one headlight, shitty brakes, cracked exhaust etc and put me and my family's lives in danger. Without an incentive to keep your car in good shape most people simply won't.

11. I agree.But I also think that there is no car that's too nice to drive and that any car that needs to be trailered is a P.O.S. Just my unsolisited $.02

12. Greezeball

Greezeball

Don't waste money on grenades a cup of gas and a book of matches would have been sufficient.

13. LAROKE

LAROKE

Cmon, Nads. You live in the sunshine state. I think a LEO can write a ticket for unsafe vehicles, inspection or not. Look how many drive without insurance, drivin' all our rates up.

All I'm saying is that only the law abiding folks will be inconvenienced by more government. Government rarely misses the opportunity to make a bad decision. Who knows what a bureaucratic inspection agency will consider a safe car? I'm thinkin' ride heights, open wheels, etc. Be careful what you ask for. You may just get it . . . good n hard.

Florida Law: Safety of Vehicle

Last edited: Apr 15, 2011
  14. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

I want to see the car that won my trophy...............:)

15. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

Anyone get any pics of cool cars ? Or was everyone so pre occupied with the rat rod bullshit they didnt even look at anything else ? I know there had to be some nice traditional hotrods and customs out there, lets see some of them, enough with these rolling abortions!

16. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

I'm not talking about 'our' cars, I'm talking about everything that's on the road.

I didn't fix the brakes on my 70 Riviera in 1983 because inspections were done with and I crashed it into a pole and totaled it. It was because I didn't need to, a police officer can't tell by looking at a car if the brakes are shot.

Lookit, I'm no fan of Big Brother but state inspection is something I'd welcome.

FWIw, I've driven pretty much nothing but an old car daily since 1979, when I got my driver's license.

17. Hahaha, it's sad when the motor melt truck was safer, better engineered, and better looking than some of the cars that showed up:D. :p

18. hotrod mike

hotrod mike

I was afraid to get too close. Tetenus is a bitch.....:D

19. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Lockwood, I don't have a decent pic of the car, I'll get one this weekend with the trophy you made.

20. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

Thanks Nads, I want to archive it.......:)