Register now to get rid of these ads!

Billetproof Florida 2012 - Returns to Garlits Museum of Drag Racing!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Choptop, Oct 3, 2011.

1. LAROKE

LAROKE

Populuxe!!

2. Probably better tolerated than on the I-75 side wall of the hotel, huh?:eek::D

The Jive Bomber trophy is almost done... As usual, the recipient will have to have a good sense of humor about it.

3. spiffy1937

spiffy1937
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Florida

Just came across this thread and was surprised to read about Microtel. I had made reservations there months ago so I called to check on them. They have no record of my reservation even though I gave them my confirmation number but they said I could make reservations now if I wanted to. My price was $45.95 but as StrickV8 mentioned, it is now $85. Might not be going now, bummer. Being old and on SS sucks!

4. Choptop

Choptop

I've out in several calls to the Microtell, but havent heard back from them. Will give them one more shot to make this right.

edit - spoke to the new manager... we are working on it.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2012
  5. Choptop

Choptop

WAY cool!!!:eek:

6. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I don't mean to hijack this thread but just read on the Gas F/X site that Don Gartlits had to take his wife Pat to the hospital on Friday and the doctor told him on Saturday that she won't be coming back home then on Sunday Don had a stroke. He's home now and is doing fine. He had some memory loss but everything else is fine. He is asking for prayers.
    Gasser Girl

7. Choptop

Choptop

Just spoke to Francine at the Museum. Don is doing better. He had a mini-stroke. He was under a lot of stress over Pat having to go into care and TC passing away. But he is up and around and is visiting Pat on a regular basis.

8. 31chevymike

31chevymike

Thanks for the important info on Don Garlits and his wife Gasser Girl... Our thoughts go out to them from all of us here on the HAMB. On the BEST KUSTOM award - nice job Salvagerz!

9. Choptop

Choptop

[​IMG]

Billetproof Florida: March 17, 2012

Don Garlits Museum of Drag Racing
    13700 SW 16th Avenue
    Ocala, Florida

Just added to the schedule for the show... a Pin-Up contest!!!

Ladies, come on out and compete for fabulous prizes and CASH! 1st place will get $300 and a free photo shoot from HowdyGirlPhotography. 2nd and 3rd place get $100, everyone will have a great time. Fella's come on out and support these lovely ladies and show your appreciation.

To sign up contact Christina @ HowdyGirlPhotography

see ya'll at the show!

(pictured above is the lovely Sunday O'Dare)

10. Choptop

Choptop

Band line-up for Billetproof Florida:

<style> <!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:Arial; panose-1:2 11 6 4 2 2 2 2 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:auto; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:3 0 0 0 1 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style> The Hodaddys
    [​IMG]

Ted Stevens and the Doo-Shots

[​IMG]

The Downshifters
    [​IMG]

11. spgill2000

spgill2000

Headed down from CT! Can't wait! Any other New Englanders going?

12. RAVENS29

RAVENS29
    from n/a

Damn, I'm behind as usual. but I'm going, no car this year -at least I live 40 min. from there

13. 59 brook

59 brook

any news on big's health?

14. He's OK... Visiting Pat everyday.

15. Choptop

Choptop

Just spoke to the folks at Big's yesterday... Don is fine, back to 100%. Pat is back home, they have some in home care for her. This is doing both Don and Pat a world of good.

16. If there is anyone coming from South Florida ..You are welcome to spend the night(Friday) at my house in Port Orange then drive to the show on Saturday..You could also stay here Saturday night then head South Sunday morning..LMK.

17. That's really good news... Hospitals suck.

18. msuguydon

msuguydon

That is good news!

19. roosters hot rods

roosters hot rods

I hope the weather stays with us...its 82 today ...sweet !

20. boutlaw

boutlaw

We'll be arriving Friday afternoon, staying at the Sleep Inn...Is the NoWhere Bar pre-party a private affair ? If not, how would someone from SomeWhere else find the place?

21. Loppy

Loppy

Google knows all.

http://ashiningstarproduction.com/No Where Lounge.htm

22. boutlaw

boutlaw

Thanks Loppy!

23. NoWhere Pre-Party is not a private party, but the locals do occasionally provide entertainment... At the 2008 party, two trucks chained their rear axles together and had a tug-O-war until failure in the parking lot.

Good times...

24. Choptop

Choptop

The NoWhere Bar is certainly an "experience"... some down home, locals only kinda fun. Its nestled right up against the trailer park, where most of the patrons live and is out in the middle of nowhere, so you can pretty much do whatcha like. Fun indeed.

25. LAROKE

LAROKE

Billetproof 2009 pre-party at the Nowhere Bar started out slow -

[​IMG]

By the "offical" starting time, we were jammin'

[​IMG]

26. barfers

barfers
    from Florida

glad sombody made the right move and brought it back to bigs!

27. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

I'm a little confused on how to get to the No Where Bar from the Sleep Inn. If I google the addresses of the Sleep Inn and the NW Bar I get a route that is 11 miles, but if I put in Garlits address and the NW Bar I get 5 miles. Since Garlits and the Sleep Inn are pretty much right next to each other I can't figure that out. :confused:

Don

28. roosters hot rods

roosters hot rods

Don most guys go the the bar in a group anyway..so you'll find it no problem..its real easy to get to..

Rooster

29. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Good, that will help. Google was showing some strange routes to get there and I couldn't make head nor tail of it.

I looked at their website, it looks like a very interesting bar. :eek::D
    Don

30. BZNSRAT

BZNSRAT

Heading down Friday, anyone want to meet up in South GA and caravan???