Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Billetproof Florida 2010 (put your pictures here)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hot Turkey, Feb 28, 2010.

1. Choptop

Choptop

Yeah... ya know.. .this practice should come to an end next year.

While I appreciate the enthusiasm that people have for getting their car in the show, its not REALLY what its all about. It started as a little bit of a joke, and from one car/owner in particular that went to some pretty extreme measures the first year, and then that was topped the second year when someone actually spray painted some very nice, but certainly off topic wheels black....

Its run its course. Time to bring it back to the real spirit of the show.

2. roosters hot rods

roosters hot rods

i need a bigger DICK hat to turn them away..and your right it has ran its course....

3. THE CHIEF

THE CHIEF
    from MIAMI

how about a "you trailer your car to the show" award and "longest drive to the show" award

4. edweird

edweird

if you read the rules of the show, why would you come knowing full well the wheels are wrong. just plain ignorance!

5. Country Gent

Country Gent
    BANNED

Hay, THE CHIEF. RULES SAY NO TRAILERED VEHICLES, but the LONGEST DRIVE would be cool as long as you could prove you didn't have a trailer and tow vehicle parked at a local motel to take you back to Mich. Colorado Idaho or where ever.
    I big thanks to all of you for the photos. Now I can kick myself for not braving the cold and the rain. Hope to make the Gartlits thing on the 20th.

6. 1930roadster

1930roadster

looks cool, thanks for sharing... gotta hustle a car together for next years...

7. NateGreco

NateGreco

Had a great time at Billetproof this year.... I didn't get to be outside of my booth much but there were some really killer rides there.....Poor Boys topped it off with some crazy rides....not so poor lookin..... Here's my booth with some artwork from the show....I cleaned up and sold a ton of prints. Thanks a lot to Alan and Melissa for putting on a kick ass hot rod show!

[​IMG]

8. We are still Poor Boys... We can't afford to pay labor rates. :) We build 'em and we drive 'em.

9. Well done fellas! "Glad" I wasn't me getting caught in the rain and 36 degrees in my tub BURRRRR!! We (TN poor boys chapt) had a great time in '08 and '09. Really would like to make again, maybe in '11.

10. bibb86

bibb86

Sucks that i missed it I had a supermoto race. I won some money so I guess that helps. Thanks for the pictures they look great and keep them coming.

11. NateGreco

NateGreco

haha I re -read what I wrote and it probably came off snobby...haha...but I ment they looked like a million bucks!!

Ahotrod- I've never seen anyone flake a beam like that before....what a great moneysaver.....looks like chrome from a distance....but up close it looks cooler..nice choice

12. TAYLOR

TAYLOR
    from DALLAS,GA.

Great pictures , thanks for posting. I hope to make it down there to this show one day.

13. looks like a rad show, and congrats to Jake bringing that title back home to Michigan

14. sickboymiafla

sickboymiafla
    from Miami

str8 6 str8 edge,

Thanks for posting that video. We all have watched it a million times. It was cool to see you guys on the highway. See you guys in Daytona.

15. str8 6 str8 edge

str8 6 str8 edge
    from Tampa

Yeah man, I don't know why but we just happen to roll into and out of town with you guys every show. We love your style so riding in together makes it that much more fun for us. Are you guys planning on going to the Garlits show on March 20th.

16. how did you guys make the "championship belt" looks cool

17. bonechop113

bonechop113

Know any other magazine cover cars that can do this? ha ha :eek:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. squigy

squigy
    from SO.FLO.

Yeah the Car in question will be getting steelies with www just for the show, your right the joke is over..

19. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

This thread has some fantastic photos and videos... Love it. Thanks for posting all the pics and vids.

20. Broken Knuckles CC

Broken Knuckles CC

Whats the chances of getting a two day event next year?The fair grounds is a great place and has plenty of room for camping.The host hotel can be up the road in Waldo.Its a new hotel and larger than the one in Ocala.It even has a motocross track next to it that hold big events!

21. Great Pics and awesome video!

22. rockabillybus

rockabillybus

Just like a regular belt with a great idea from a new club member, lots of Crown Royal, famous leather crafter Jeff Phipps, rivets, a CNC machine at work, some "scrap" materials, and Sonny Depalma's awesome finishing touch.

23. Kustomkarma

Kustomkarma

Are my eyes deceiving me or did someone cut the roof off of that black Mercury? If so, does anyone have any close up pictures of it? I'd like to see how they handled the bed and rearend treatment.

24. slickshoez

slickshoez

[​IMG]
    i dig this rpu. but does anybody have info on the custom behind it?

25. Cajones the size of basketballs!... I caught the bikes that were in that trailer in the hotel paking lot Sunday AM...
    [​IMG]

Pretty much sums it up.

26. Hot Turkey

Hot Turkey

27. soberTOOLman

soberTOOLman

yes skip (skip-o-matic here on the hamb) did cut the roof off the merc and is turning it into a pickup truck. i think i have a few more pictures of it that i have yet to edit but will in the next day or so.

*edit*
    here are three good pictures of it, follow the link..
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showpost.php?p=4974318&postcount=42

Last edited: Mar 4, 2010
  28. Nice Pics, I made it to the 1st and 2nd show, wish I could have made it this year.

29. Dat video was da shitz! nice job

30. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Sorry I missed it, I was in Vegas eating buffet and staring at hot seniors.