Register now to get rid of these ads!

BilletProof Detroit is Almost Here! HAMB Meet & Greet Info

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotrodladycrusr, Apr 21, 2011.

1. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I'm really getting excited about this years Billetproof Detroit which is next month, May 21st to be exact. I was chatting with one of the Usual Suspects, Aaron51Chevy about the Meet & Greet and we decided to have it in and around their cars and Big Olds which will be parked with them. You might remember their cool "vintage living room" set up from the Detroit Autorama. We'll hang a Meet & Greet banner near there as well. Spot should be easy enough to find.

Lets say 12 noon at the Usual Susupects encampment. We'll do a Hokey Ass Group Shot shortly after.

Also, not sure about anyone else, or what Alan's got planned as far as a kick off party goes, BUT I plan on hanging out on the streets of Depot Town on that Friday night and perhaps hitting Sidetrack for a yummy burger and sweet pototoe fries. If you're not fimiliar with the area the merchants on the street are very easy going and LOVE hot rods and customs so parking and hanging out aren't an issue.

Ok, roll call, who's attending and what are you driving? Pictures of said vehicles would be cool as well.

I'll be there in Big Olds
    [​IMG]

2. I'll be there with my '54. I'll be hangin' with "the usual suspects", I suppose.

[​IMG]

3. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'll be there...in a GMC 3500 dually :cool:

4. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

I dont think I will have it on the road by than, might just have to come in my daily

5. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Great, will be fun to see you and your car again and hang out for the day:cool:

6. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Well at least you ARE working on a traditional car project which will be on the road soon.;)

7. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

But of course:rolleyes:, didn't expect anything else :p
    Although with your track record of not showing up to things I won't bet any money on you attending the event.:D

8. Choptop

Choptop

Friday night Depot Town is indeed the spot!!! Good food, adult beverages and lots of on street parking for hot rods.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

I hope so , my 53 is down , she needs a new engine or rebuild on the one in it now and ive got my time all centered on the A..prioraties:D

I would bring it, but i dont want to be all red faced when i have to shove it off a trailer:eek:

This is a really cool show in a really great park..glad it came to Ypsi

10. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I noticed all the cars are parked like "normal". Have you discussed with the powers that be regarding blocking the area at both ends like they do every Thursday night so the cars can back into the curb thus fitting twice as many cars and allowing the folks to walk in the street?

11. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

Awesome Pic. Denise
    [​IMG]

12. millersgarage

millersgarage

put me down as a "maybe" :)

[​IMG]

13. cool37

cool37
    from SoCal

Great photo fo Big Olds!

14. Choptop

Choptop

yes we have, and we arent going to do that this year.... we'll wait until we take up every parking spot for miles around before we close the street.

That should be this year ;D

15. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Thanks, HAMB member "Mike the Photo Guy" took it. He lives just a couple of blocks from me, we've been friends for over 40 years. Once your car is on the road I'll hook you up with him.

16. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Don't even THINK you're getting away with that "maybe" shit......no cookies for you!:p

Thanks bud!

17. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

Thanks, that would be cool..
    I saw some of the other real nice pictures of Big O and i think he did those too, like the one you use as your avitar?

18. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Seriously?? But that's what the folks around here "expect" because closing the street is done so often. Well the barricades are usually still there from the night before, off to the side. Maybe if it starts to get crowded and the hot rods can't find a place to park we can just do it ourselves???:D

19. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

No, that would be Mike from CA, AKA Buick59 that took those AWESOME other shots.

20. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

Ahh..ok, too many "Mikes":D

21. Choptop

Choptop

We closed the street last year, but we didnt have staff at either end of the street so it was a little "loose" anyway... and one of the merchants got upset.. even though we had packed their establishment.... (even though they were AT the meeting wherein the road closure was discussed and looking at the voting record after the fact, they voted in favor of it at the time... long story... I think they were just grumpy that night)

22. 1935olds

1935olds

I will be there with my "35" olds, may come down Friday night.

Attached Files:

23. I'll probably be there Friday night if I'm not working on something.Definitely Saturday.

24. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yeah, your car looked good there last year:p

Track record? Which track, Norwalk or Milan? Didn't see you at Milan last season...or did I:confused:

25. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

sounds like a great time. Perhaps Denise and Guy will twist my arm and convince me to make the trip. Now the decision will be which car to bring...

are there any nostalgia drag races scheduled nearby for the weekend?

26. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Not sure if you saw me BUT I did drive Big Olds to Milan for the "reunion" event they had in May. Which car did you drive there that weekend??:p

Yes, actually at Milan which is just a few miles away.

27. ftroop

ftroop
    from Detroit

Yes the Detroit Dragway Reunion is on Saturday at Milan Dragway.

Everyone I talk to is hitting BP and then heading to Milan.

28. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

I just PM'd Denise to that exact idea. I was checking out the Milan website.

I am thinking the 56 Chevy gasser could do double duty that day.

Will Ftroop be racing that evening?

29. I'm bustin' my arse to get the Sport Fury ready for this year(so close...),and I'd like to make this show,if the ruling party deems her worthy. Won't know 'til I roll up to the gate,eh?

Worthy,or not?
    [​IMG]

No billet anywhere. And,no more "bleeding"...

30. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Well I'm not the decision maker but in my opinion thats very worthy and I'm really looking forward to checking it out in person. GREAT job!:cool: