Register now to get rid of these ads!

Billetproof california?? How was it??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bigguylilroof, Sep 19, 2009.

1. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Gotta tell ya, I LOVE your Caddy.

I guess our conversation and hug was a figment on my imagination :rolleyes:

2. Sellers Equipped

Sellers Equipped
    BANNED
    from San Jose

Ya you use to Protest out in front of the Goodguys show!! those were the days!! and now you work for them! hahah You know i love you!

3. Sellers Equipped

Sellers Equipped
    BANNED
    from San Jose

To be honest, What Kirk and Jay did back in the days Those two F@#@!ers made the scene,, shows what ever you wanna call it! they made it what it IS TODAY!! every car club east to west hand makes there trophies, style what ever!! You should be thanking KIRK! JA!

4. Choptop

Choptop

I look at it that way as well... people care about the show and thats where the passion comes from.

like I've said before...

VW's, Rat Rods and Jap bikes have never been excluded from Billetproof. I'm not about the change the rules that have worked for 13 years. We have a difference of opinion on what makes a "traditional" hot rod and thats fine. Everyone has their own.. but I'm not going to monkey with what Jay and Kirk laid down.

Cars that dont "fit in" dont "get in". They are sent to the spectator parking lot.

The Gate Goons DO turn people away and step on toes. Like I said, some sneak through. It happens, always has, always will. If you'd like to see HOW it happens, I suggest working the gate one year. Its not intentional by any means, but it happens. No way around that.

5. johnnykck

johnnykck

Hey, I'd work the gate, but I would want to keep the cars out that I don't consider "Traditional", and then me and you would have a conflict of interest. I don't want that.:)

6. bmc

bmc
    from Sacto.,Ca.

The races Saturday night ruled. If you missed that than you missed out. The car show being 2 days ruled. Its always good to get out of town & hang out with people you don't always get to see & spend time drinking & talking shit with. Keep it going for 2 days, the people that matter will continue to support it.

7. BTW, how was day 2? How big was day 2's swap meet?

8. Choptop

Choptop

There was also some excitement from the roundy-round races on sat. night... a Sprint Car crashed going into Turn 1... went THROUGH the track fence, bounced off the pit lane and OVER the fence separating the track and Fairgrounds and came to rest upside down a good 30 feet or so inside the grounds. The driver was OK, but for a little while there is was raining Sprint Cars on the Billetproof grounds.

9. Germ

Germ

If Glen Danzig died, and HOLLYWOOD decided to make a blockbuster out of his life,,,,,,,,,
    Kurt Russell -"era" BIG TROUBLE IN LITTLE CHINA would play DANZIG...

they wouldn't even have to make the doors smaller like they do in Stallone movies

10. Choptop

Choptop

Day 2 was WAY chill... and that was fine. About 350 cars, GREAT bands (Stompy Jones headlined), Pin Up contest and the small swap meet.

While the swap meet was small, there were was some GREAT stuff there.

A 1927 Dodge touring car? Complete?

I bought a George Barris Slingshot Trike Mini-Bike (pretty friggin rare).

Nick from the Draggons got a NICE Model A grill shell for $60.

I know one guy that spent $3k on vintage speed parts from the swap.

WELL worth while to be there on Sunday morning.

11. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

It gets way weirder... Apparently, I'm the beneficiary of one hell of a trust fund, I'm only out for the money, I've been married (for the money of course) four times, I tried to ruin the HAMB Andy fundraiser, etc...

Old men... RV.. Batman... Koo-Koos...

Anyway, the point is... When it comes to feedback, you have to filter out the wackos and listen to the stuff that really means something. By that, I don't mean you have to ignore the stuff the stings. You just have know what's credible and what isn't.

I like how I'm typing like some kind of an expert. HA.

12. bmc

bmc
    from Sacto.,Ca.

Day 2 was small but still fun,swap was also small

13. voodooblackcat

voodooblackcat
    from Pacheco

I would like to lodge a complaint, the beer in my ice chest was 2 degrees warmer than it was last year and I'd like to know what Alan is going to do about that!

14. Choptop

Choptop

I'll drink it for you so you dont have to be troubled with the temp difference. Bring your ice chest to the Billetproof booth at the show and we'll get right on that next year. ;)

15. Not if I drink it first like every year

16. joeycarpunk

joeycarpunk
    from MN,USA

Enough bitchin, pics please. You get what you put into the show by volunteering, and or being a part of it just as a spectator. Don't like something walk on by. I for one would like to see what I missed and probably never get a chance to go to. Is'nt that what the original request was, pics of the event?

17. BruceVE

BruceVE
    from Sacramento

Well I guess the Poor Boys and Midnight Mass is an exception.

Everything you said is true except for the making money part. After our sixth year of putting on this show, we finally made a little money. Not enough to put the show on without sponorship again, but enough to not have to worry too much about it.

Hell last year we lost money, but then again we put everything into the show and never thought about making money from it. Although everyone thinks we're getting rich on this show because of the size it's grown to, we just put it back into the show to make it better.

And yeah, it's a lot of hard ass work, but seeing the comments here and other places, makes it all worth while. I would rather get a "thank you" from someone that enjoyed themselfs than make any money from it.

Mellow was definately the word for BilletProof this year, but why is that suppose to mean a bad thing? I think that's a good thing for that big of a show. good job Alan!!!

18. KIRK!

KIRK!

Actually I only did the flyer for the "show in the Goodguys parking lot" show. I would have been there but I was out of town on business.

Yep, I was pretty anti-the-attitude-at Goodguys-events. Then they said, "what if we'd let you change those things?"

How could I say no. The best compliments I get (other than my crew's hard work on the Gazette each month) is about how the "attitude" at Goodguys shows has changed since I started here.

Hey, glad to see you back in "the business". Hot rodding needs you.

19. mrdodge

mrdodge

You guys don't know how lucky you are. I'd drive 5-6 hours to see a 100 cars of which maybe 30 are "traditional". Shows are hard work, period. Hard to please, hard to make money out of, etc. Support the shows that are there or maybe they won't be there next year. Then you can have a bleat about that !! And to the guys that run shows: you are legends, putting your balls on the line to please others and, maybe, just maybe, make a dollar out of it. More power to you.

Just my 2 cents worth

Now, more pics please

20. KIRK!

KIRK!

I think you should start an anti-Billetproof show.

21. It was my 1st Billetproof. So, what did you mean by this one being "mellow"?

22. KIRK!

KIRK!

Personally I have always thought Billetproof was mellow. That's what type of show I always wanted and intended. I trusted all of you who made the show what it is to keep it just that. Like I told the city, the fairgrounds and APD when we first went to Antioch, "We may look like a bunch of hoodlums that would burn down your town, but we are actually a great group of guys who would probably be the first to stop on the side of the road to help an old lady with a flat tire." I mean, I definitely get treated a certain way because of how I look (which is fine because it's my choice), but I am the guy holding doors for ladies, saying please and thank you and helping old ladies with their groceries.

That has always been the case with very few exceptions. The exceptions are always the shit-box rat rod guys who are just proving in yet another way that they just don't get traditional hot rodding.

Mellow show? Hell yeah, right-on! It's not supposed to be a Drunken-Rockabilly-Shit-Box-Fest™.

GREAT job Alan and Dragoons!

Last edited: Sep 21, 2009
  23. but I am the guy holding doors for ladies, saying please and thank you and helping old ladies with their groceries.

KIRK! THE MILF HUNTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

24. Can I have some of that Trustafarian coinage?:p

25. Sean

Sean

I would also like to lodge a complaint about your choice of beer! The FREE beer Brewsir was giving me out of your trunk was Bud Light, next year please provide me FREE Coors Light. That is all....

26. brewsir

brewsir

hey alan...can I run the churro cart next year?? I wanna be rich and run my own business!!! :)

27. brewsir

brewsir

Hey..wait..you was taking the wrong beer...we had coors light in the girls cooler!!

28. KIRK!

KIRK!

Try GILF!

29. Its not? Oh shit...I'm never going again :eek:

Seriously...good words Kirk...I'd not been since #10, and I had a real nice day.

30. J.B.

J.B.
    from Sweden

Ha ha... I'll drink to that! :D
    J.B.
    One of the founders and organizers of A-Bombers Old Style Weekend