Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Billetproof 2011 Chehalis, Wash pics

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rob-redm, Jun 25, 2011.

1. Choptop

Choptop

2. bloodyjack

bloodyjack

You dont think I did not realize this but decided to take a picture of a 1927 vechicle next to that bank?

3. Choptop

Choptop

easy with the name calling folks.... lets not get all twisted up over a hot rod show.

4. JDocherty

JDocherty

5. Choptop

Choptop

6. NINE INCH

NINE INCH

GREAT SHOW! Thanks again for another great time at Billetproof! We loved every minute of it. Never worried about nuthin. After all... it's just a car show. Alan, thanks for your effort and hard work. Here's lookin at ya, Kid.

Attached Files:

7. Choptop

Choptop

8. The '27 blends well with the vintage bank decor

9. Guys, Keep the pictures coming . I had fun with our little caravan( my 55 F100's accelerator rod came undone, thanks to everyone who stopped while I fixed it) Back on the road in less than 10 minutes.

10. Mo Pic's

Attached Files:

11. Rob, keeping it alive

Attached Files:

12. Last Round

Attached Files:

13. Vintagegasser nice pic of 55 F100, which I now call Orange Fizz. LOL

14. Cut55

Cut55
    from WA

Good thing there wasn't anything in my mouth or I'd have spewed it all over my computer.

15. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

16. Mr.Gasser

Mr.Gasser

Here's a few quick pics I took over the weekend, sorry if there's doubles.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

17. april may

april may

18. Trashed & Hammered

Trashed & Hammered
    from HR,Oregon

Fletch you only kinda know what you are talking about. It might be good you don't come on the HAMB very often because your reading comprehension isn't the best, nor is your grasp on sarcasm.
    My comment on the Horse crap wasn't a slam on the show it was a compliment on that bad ass car. Why so defensive do you own a horse? I know its a fairgrounds I was there when it smelled like horse crap last year and I will be back next year to smell it again. Also what do you mean by " If that's your biggest criticism, that's pretty shallow." Should I have a bigger criticism?
    I drove like a demon from Castle Rock and back in a two hour window because I had a wedding to go to, took in all I could saw some amazing cars
    I counted about twelve 49-51 Mercurys (my favorite) and saw some good friends I actually liked the music and the great weather was the cherry on top. As for being part of the solution next year I'll try to show up at 8ish and I will be the guy spraying Febreeze in all the stalls. Lighten up guys!:p

19. Choptop

Choptop

the smell wasnt the fairgrounds... thats was me.. I didnt shower that morning :D

20. sinister 45

sinister 45

This was my first bigger event and I had a complete blast!....but after reading this leaves a rather sour taste to the weekend.
    I came with the group from Eugene and I indeed had a trailer queen. I just think its rediculous how the hard core guys judge without a second thought... My dad who has terminal lung caner was a total bad ass and drove his 52 all the way there and back...this very well could be his last car run anywhere. To make this even possible I had to drive the truck with his oxygen tank and gear...so by default i had to trailer the roadster. I would have totally drove the T there no problem but had to make the situation work to be able to cruise alongside my dad. So thanks to all that welcomed me and my father and made it a great weekend...the rest of you can piss off. I don't need you makin me feel guilty for trying to have a good weekend with my dad...

21. Trashed & Hammered

Trashed & Hammered
    from HR,Oregon

Ha Ha! There's the the HAMB I love.;)

22. A Rodder

A Rodder

Or my babies crapped in diaper! HaHaa

April May you do stunning work, it is beautiful.

23. Are those billet carb spacers on your car?:eek::rolleyes::D. T5 overdrive from what , an 80s car? Damn Pete, that aint traditional. LOL! Kidding!! But each person can make up their own set of rules what is traditional and what is not. I bet alot of the people from up North were not liking how the weather was on Friday night and Saturday morning. Maybe they would have gone if it was sunny both days.
    I worked on the 1936 all day and all night Staurday and Sunday and I am going to be working on it till its running and be able to partake in these events instead of a spectator.
    Will I complain about the few cars that may not fit the bill. Not a chance, I will just walk past them and enjoy what I like and thats the cars and people in general.

24. Trashed & Hammered

Trashed & Hammered
    from HR,Oregon

sinister 45 You rule for doing that for your Dad....as for the trailers...who gives a deep fried fart?

Let me be the first to say Welcome to the HAMB.

25. bloodyjack

bloodyjack

No the carb risers are cast by a guy called Vern Tardell you may have heard of him.

You got me on the T5, I wanted to build something I did not have to trailer to shows :)
    Did you not switch from an automatic to a T5 yourself?
    What you putting in thst sweet 36 coupe?

26. A couple years ago I trailered my A coupe there. It's over 300 miles each way for us, and anyone who has ever driven a Model A with a stock engine/tranny will know that would be a suicide run in the middle of a desert in the summer. But I wanted it there, so I trailered it. It got shot for HopUp while there, too. A trailer queen? No.
    The next year, I trailered my A roadster over there. Why? It had the same engine/tranny from the coupe PLUS mechanical brakes.
    If I lived closer it might have been different, but I don't. So I do understand why some cars are trailered.

If people are gonna bitch about stupid shit like that then we'll just leave the cars at home. It cost a lot of money to trailer a car that far. I did it because I love them early cars and enjoy taking them out. We don't ALL own a car with a more "moderen" drive train.

Heres the two cars I was talking about. I drove the piss outta both of them. Do wither look like a "trailer queen"?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

27. I'm not the one bitching about the show and never will.
    I also don't give a flying f$%# if someone has a little modern something on their car. How many repop parts are on most of these so called traditional cars. It really doesn't matter now does it? We are all into old iron whether or not you change to some creature comforts . I wonder what people said in the 40s about the new hotrodders changing their mechanical brakes to hydraulic brakes. Them aint no traditional brakes!! LOL!!

28. bloodyjack

bloodyjack

A. You did not go to the show
    B. If you dont give a f@$* what people put on there car, why the last post I don't understand?

29. johnnyboy76

johnnyboy76
    from Sparta, WI

X's 2

30. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

ahah, way to go.

About all the bad talk, you guys are spoiled. you should be thankful that theres people puttin up shows like this one, and that your national laws are soft on modified cars.
    You should come live here for a year and then im sure your perspective will change.