Register now to get rid of these ads!

BIllet rod that's decent

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lil mike, Apr 7, 2004.

1. lil mike

lil mike
    from OKC, OK

Check this out. Most of you that know me also know about my dad's shop, well at the NSRA show in OKC last weekend the glass '34 Chevy that we just finished got Top 5 Pro's pick. I know this isn't really the place, but I'm still proud to show any one that cares exactly what I do for $$. I don't know how to post pics, but go to www.stevecookcreations.com and click Hot Rods, its the resale red w/flames '34 sedan , click on it and enjoy!
    LM

2. Roothawg

Roothawg

Was it Jim Hensleys car? I used to work with Jim. Is that car finished? He has been working on it for like 10 years, it seems.

3. Mike, great website and business. The '34 Chebby is cool.

I was particulary impressed with yellow and white '55. Just a awesome ride. Loved all the detail.

I gotta go now, I think I hear the "Trad Police" at the door! [​IMG]

Joel [​IMG]

4. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hey Mike,

You guys build some awesome cars, and congrats on the award. The attention to detail is something we all can learn from. One of these days I would like to take a tour of your shop.

Happy Trails,

Mick

5. JimC

JimC
    from W.C.,Mo.

I have seen your work, many times.
    I have showed with Theron and Anita at Starbird's.
    Also, with the yellow 55.
    Good work.

Jim

6. autocol

autocol

behind every one eight hunnet billet mobile there's a bloke or two with some serious talent.

in this case, that's you. serious talent.

7. RocketDaemon

RocketDaemon
    from Sweden

8. Hey Mike, any more pics of the '36 at the bottom of the Hot Rods page?

9. lil mike

lil mike
    from OKC, OK

That car took about 7-8 year, Jim collected parts for about 5 before coming to us.

The 3rd Sat. in June we will have a opening party at our new shop. 10am-4pm, burgers, drinks, cars, and the Poison Okies. Come by and check it out. Our shop is directly behind Obsolete Ford (Classic Auto) on 87th and Gateway Terr. (the 1st street west of I-35, 87th is the street that is on the North end of Obsolete).

About the '36 Ford at the bottom of he page, the car didn't photograph well, and the man got real sick and died right after the car was finished, I'll see if I can't dig some more up.

The Cook's that own the Camaro's on the website are my grandparents, Grandpa's is yellow, and Grandma's is blue.

10. hankcash

hankcash

Nice work Lil' Mike....

I'll take the black '40 Ford on the classics page!
    I get paid tomorrow and after I pay the bills i should have about $125 bucks... we got a deal? [​IMG]

HC

11. lil mike

lil mike
    from OKC, OK

That '40 sold on e-bay for like 30k. The guy that owned it only drove it once then stored it until it sold.

12. hankcash

hankcash

Man... I would drive that thing all day and pop panties in the back seat all night....
    HC