Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Bill Kenz Archives of Early Work

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by Cord Blomquist, Aug 23, 2017.

1. Cord Blomquist

Cord Blomquist

[​IMG]

My father was working on a restoration of a one-of-a-kind 1930 Hupmobile customized to race at the Salt Flats in the mid 1930s. In fact, the doctor from Denver who owned and drove the car was the same doctor who pulled the metal from Ab Jenkins' arm in 1937 when the left rear tire on the Mormon meteor exploded when Ab drifted off course.

In researching the car I found that Bill Kenz of the famous "Kenz & Leslie" was one of the local Denver mechanics who worked on the car. Not only is Kenz mentioned by the doctor's wife as "a brain" in this snippet from a letter, but Nick of "Nick's Hot Rod Garage" in Denver says he has a book with Kenz taking notes on timing for this Hupmobile along with several other cars.

Does anyone else know of early Bill Kenz photos, notebooks, or other archival material that's out there? Anything that can help me connect this car to Bill Kenz would be very much appreciated. I'm happy to pay for copies of original documents if you have them available.

Attached Files: