Register now to get rid of these ads!

Bill Hines Rejected At LB Motorama

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by eatlead, Sep 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eatlead

eatlead
    from Long Beach

Bill Hines denied entry with Buddha Bugy and Lil Bat to LB motorama after 8 hours they accepted the Buddha Bugy thanks to Jack Walker....The Lil Bat was turned away 2 hours later because the car didnt meet the criteria for trace edwards...Bill Hines will not be siging autographs because of actions taken by car show management...The circus is more organized then this car show....

Attached Files:

2. Why in the hell would these people treat one of the founding fathers of Kustomizing with such disrespect?!?!?:mad:

3. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

That is bullshit. Mr. Hines is the man

4. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

What's the other side of this story? This side, the other side, and the truth usually falls in the middle somewhere.

That said, much respect to Mr. Hines.

5. 19Fordy

19Fordy

Who is Trace Edwards and what criteria did Bill not meet?

6. VoodooTwin

VoodooTwin
    from Noo Yawk

I dunno what that red car is supposed to be, but it's hideous.

He won't sign autographs? Why? Why punish his own fans? Weirdness.

7. Uhm,

Taken directly from the LB Motorama website.

I suspect that the red "lil bat" is slightly newer than the cutoff year.

8. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

Can the rest of the villagers put down the pitchforks and torches now? Are we still forming a mob to kill the monster?

9. In my humble opinion Bill Hines is a living legion and should be treated as one,but then again I don't make the rules.

It's not a very good commentary on the promoter. HRP

10. Squablow

Squablow

Please tell me that's a typo.

11. E St Nene

E St Nene
    from Oxnard, CA

after 8 hours they accepted the Buddha Bugy :mad: what the hell took them so damm long to accept :confused:

12. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

"...The circus is more organized then this car show...." quote

Apparantly, you're incorrect.
    Proof is that the late-model "lil bat" was denied entry. Rules clearly stated, organized.<!-- / message --><!-- attachments -->

13. aussiesteve

aussiesteve
    BANNED

Is this the same car show promoter who was at the GNRS putting flyers for his show in the cars on display?
    And wasn,t he asked to leave?

14. Special Ed

Special Ed

Yup.

15. Silhouettes 57

Silhouettes 57

There has got to be more to this....I'll wait and see!

16. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Aren't cars accepted or rejected months ahead of time for an indoor event? or at least a week or two??

17. Not only is Bill Hines a legion, he's also a legend :D. I'm guessing the promoters weren't expecting him to show up with that late model POS. That is an insult to the original L'il Bat.

18. HRP - So are you going to speak ill of Bill Rhodes & Randy Nash when you show up in your '54 Ranch Wagon to the "ALL DEUCES RUN" ... and they turn you away? :rolleyes:

19. 46chevy

46chevy
    from reeds,mo

ok we have a year date problem with lil bat, but why so long to accept buddah? sounds like this promoter is a little too full of himself. Hines is THE MAN!

20. NTAPHSE

NTAPHSE

Bill Hines is a legend, but the red car is ugly and too new per the rules anyways. I personally wish guys like Hines and Barris would only do pre-60's cars, because none of these newer vehicles ever look good with traditional styling cues applied.

21. I'm just guessing that there was some sort of phone conversation and Bill said he was going to bring L'il Bat. The promoters were thinking this...

[​IMG]

22. MAD MIKE

MAD MIKE
    from 94577

23. Bill Hines is a Living Legend!!!

24. eatlead

eatlead
    from Long Beach

Bill Hines 51 merc wasnt completed for show so lil bat and buddha buggy was confirmened by word of mouth to Bill Hines himself...sorry the rest of his cars are at the darryl starbird hall of fame musseum would the 41 bat be any different there basically the same car

25. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

I guess rules are rules, I wouldnt want special treatment because im so great either..:rolleyes::D..and neither should he
    but to hold a grudge and not sign autographs..man something dont sound right.
    sure dont sound like the Bill I met, but like posted before ,,theres got to be more to this story

26. eatlead

eatlead
    from Long Beach

just to let you know that the 51 ford shoebox is called the bat not the lil bat or the big bat or the 41 bat why would bill hines disrespect his own car that has won many car shows....

27. Harms Way

Harms Way

Built to resemble a 1934 Ford,... and after a cross country trip in it,... Ed Roth was denied entrance to the NSRA Nationals a few decades ago,.....
    [​IMG]

28. Who cares?!?!?!

JH

29. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

man thats nuts Bill hines is a living legend , i thought id heard it all ,Bill hines and his cars would probably be one of the main reasons people would go to the car show ,

30. MAD MIKE

MAD MIKE
    from 94577

So was it then that Bill said he could bring 'Lil Bat', the promoter thought 'The Lil Bat'. Bill shows up with this new variant and is denied entry?

Sounds more plausible.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.