Register now to get rid of these ads!

Bill "Grumpy" Jenkins - Brain Surgery

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jon Lundberg, Sep 21, 2010.

1. wetatt4u

wetatt4u

God bless and prayers sent from all in Norh Carolina...

2. Yelloblazer

Yelloblazer
    from Missouri

Bill get well soon. Your truely a Great person and True Icon.

3. Get Well "Grumpy"!

4. NM Sandrail

NM Sandrail
    Member Emeritus

GOD SPEED, Grumpy for successful surgery and a speedy recovery. The entire HAMB network is rooting for you...:) duane (NM Sandrail)

5. Agas Ride

Agas Ride
    from Ohio

God bless Bill and we will all pray for a full and fast recovery.

6. coupster

coupster
    from Oscoda Mi

Always my favorite 1/4 mile guy, always will be. Get well my friend.

7. 4406

from Oklahoma

Get well soon grumpy

8. Tat-2

Tat-2
    from SoCal

The Grump is one of the Best!!! get well soon....

9. roosters hot rods

roosters hot rods

prayers for grump...get well soon

10. vividlyvintage

vividlyvintage

my dad used to tell me how he used to watch Grumpy at the fremont drags. I have had the honor of meeting some of the greats in the hot rod world, Gene Winfield, George Barris, Tommy "the greek" Hrones, Sam and Chip Foose, and some of the other local hot rodders of the SF bay area. Unfortenatly I have never had the oppurtunity to meet Grumpy or get to see him take the run down the strip. I hope he recovers quickly and gets to go down the strip in a vintage nostalgic race once again so youngsters like myself can idolize him just as our fathers and in some cases grand fathers did in his prime. My prayers are with you Grumpy and your family on your recovery. And I hope to meet Grumpy someday to thank him for sparking the interest in drag racing with my dad which then was passed down to me. hope to hear of your speedy recovery. Just think of your recovery as a long black 2 lane stretch of black top. Lets see you make it to the end in record time :)

11. Buick59

Buick59
    from in a house

I got to work with him for a few days about two years ago during an engine build. I really liked the guy, he was fun to talk with, and smelled up the shop with his cigar! I really hope he pulls through Ok with problems after surgery.

12. Okie Pete

Okie Pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Prayers sent . Get Well Grumpy

13. Thoughts and prayers out to one of our local legends. Hang in there Bill!

14. teddyp

teddyp

had many a good time watching him race at e-town prayers for him and that he gets to run again

15. Weasel

Weasel

The Grump rules. Best wishes for a full and speedy recovery.

16. Bosco1956

Bosco1956
    from Jokelahoma

Keep banging gears Grumpy.... Get well soon

17. JeffB2

JeffB2
    from Phoenix,AZ

Best of luck Grumpy! get well soon!

18. Deuces

Deuces

I know what he's going through... Been down that road myself 7 years ago.. I wouldn't wish that on anybody.. We're all pullin' for ya Grumpster!! Get well soon buddy! It's guys like you that make our favorite hobby great!...... Keep bangin' them gears!!!...... Guido

19. 40fordtudor

40fordtudor

Prayers to Grump and his family during these hard times---

20. jpm49c

jpm49c

Thoughts and Prayers go out GRUMPY!
    I saw him many times a Beeline Dragway. I took a picture there of his 1966 Chevy II, many years (1972) later he autographed it for me. He said he rolled that that car a few weeks later after that picture was taken. Met him again several times at Beeline, Firebird Raceway and Barrett Jackson. What a guy.
    Wish you a speedy recovery Thanks ,, John

21. As a young teen he was my hero, the 66 Nova L-79 was my fave and he took that car to new heights. Hope he is pulls through, he is one of the Chevy greats along with Mr. Duntov. May God bless and our prayers are going out for him and family.

22. The following is from Bill's close friend Pam Hardy's Facebook site:

Pam Hardy
    I recently received a phone call from Polly. Mrs. Bill Jenkins. She filled me in on Grump's odyssey through the health care system. Polly would like me to dispel any rumors regarding Grump's health.

Yes, Grump is in the hospital receiving...
    care for bleeding on his brain. He has had an operation to relieve the pressure on the brain and is now recuperating. Grump has weathered the storm and is concentrating his efforts on rehabilitation. His prognosis is excellent. Grump is alert and doing well.

Polly will update Grump's condition periodically.

Please keep Grump and Polly in your thoughts.

P L Hardy

23. Thanks Rich,and especially thanks to you ,Pam. I was fortunate enough to speak with Bill at the '85 Nationals at Indy. A fine gentleman; I jokingly mentioned that he should switch to Chrysler products and revive that company's Pro Stock program. He looked at me like I had three heads,but laughingly stated "Yeah,they could use some help...". Get well soon,Mr. Jenkins!

...And that's what I called him when I met him;not "Bill" or Grumpy". Mr. Jenkins;I think he appreciated that.

24. Diana The Doc

Diana The Doc
    from New York

I recall several years ago, Bill Jenkins was crew-chiefing or tuning for Pro Stock racer Gordie Rivera at Old Bridge Township Raceway Park's SuperNationals event... Bill "Grumpy" Jenkins is a genuine hero among Pro Stock racers, fans, and "old skool" drag racing aficionados... Lots of drag racing folks respect Bill a great deal-- I know that I surely do... On the Big Stick song titled "Sweet Liberty" there's a vocal line that says somethin' like, "We'd be up all night talkin' drag racin', and if ya started nodding off or falling asleep, Daddy would slap your face, Daddy wouldn't shut up about that Bill "Grumpy" Jenkins...".... I have grown to love that song and the unwavering patriotism it represents... I'm glad that Bill is now reported to be hanging in there and doing well with his recovery... All our thoughts and prayers are with Bill and his wife... We're all wishing the very best for "The Grump"... Diana...

25. sololobo

sololobo

I am so lucky to have seen Bill row thru the gears earlier on. In the pits he was so mysteriously cool, what he had kinda looked like every body else, but ran sooo much harder. Seeing him involved in modern day drags with such gusto has been a delite. I was so relived to see the message from Polly Jenkins, great news. Rest well my friend and hope to see you in the pits again soon. Bill Jenkins, "as good as the best, and better than the rest" a big fan, ~Sololobo~

26. Amen for the good news.

27. vividlyvintage

vividlyvintage

Thats great news. Keep up the great recovery Grumpy. We are rooting for you.

28. rrcrazy

rrcrazy

speedy recovery bill my praires are with u your biggest fan rich dagrump68

29. jeepfink

jeepfink
    from So Cal

So glad to read a good update that he is recovering and moving forward . Bill Jenkins is a super legend in racing and a truly nice guy. I met him many , MANY years ago at OCIR and he is just a real kind of guy.
    All our best on your healing !

30. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Great to hear that Bill is doing well and in recovery. A true legend that needs to hang around a bit longer.

Frank