Register now to get rid of these ads!

Biggest wreck to perfection.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by DrSweeneyRod, Feb 10, 2013.

1. DrSweeneyRod

DrSweeneyRod
    from England

Now i know people here do some amazing work and create vehicles that i could only ever dream of doing my self, but what did they start out like.

And i mean from the biggest most rotten heap of steel to pure perfection if you would care to share.

2. Check out some of flamedabones builds. HRP

3. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

This is funny, I thought you guy's across the pond were the talented one's, you must have some pic's to contribute?

4. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

10-4 on what HRP said about Flamedabone. He has taken some impossible collections of almost junk and turned them into works of art. When you stop and think about it for the most part hot rodding IS taking the castoffs of mainstream automotive endevors and with more sweat than $$$$$'s creating usable modes of transportation.

Frank

5. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

I don't know about pure perfection, but this is as close as I've come so far.:cool:

Attached Files:

6. jhaas63

jhaas63

Frank, that is an awesome definition. Nicely said.

7. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

Yes ^^^^^^^^. I still cant believe you let it go...

8. Mark68

Mark68

Almost anything thunderbirdesq or jim sibley has done

9. Craig Owens

Craig Owens

Here's one...New Metal Kustomz started with this and did everything in house (just 2 guys), to transform what was the dilapidated remains of a 32 roadster shown at the Grand National Roadster Show in 1962 in the AMBR class to once again become a AMBR contender at the 2012 Grand National Roadster Show. They didn't get the AMBR trophy, but they did capture best paint, best engine, and best chassis.

The car was featured in the Dec, 2012 issue of Hot Rod magazine, but the magazine article didn't show the rough condition of the car as found or any build pictures. Not a bad accomplishment for a couple of 30-year old hot rodders.

Attached Files: