Register now to get rid of these ads!

Big "Ups" to the kropdusters for Rust Revival

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by magnet, Jun 2, 2008.

1. magnet

magnet

Thanks Kropdusters .. that was a great show.

All of the K-Dusters really went out of their way to make everyone feel at home, and the Vagabonds too.. real bunch of stand up folks.

That was the first long trip for my 62 chevy in a looong time, was a 5 hour drive that took 11 :) had some fuel pump problems along the way.. ran into some cool folks in Geneseo that gave us a tour of the town and went to lunch with us :) gotta love that midwestern "Hey, you guys need some help?" ... i love the midwest and its people. We eventually limped it to Wayland, and had some beers. Thanks to my Czar brothers and their "Old Ladies" for suffering through the ride down.
    Friday night was a blast at the bar, Rumblejetts packed the house, ran into a bunch of familiar faces and shook allot of hands.. also had my fair share of the beer.
    Hanging out with all the folks in the parking lot of the hotel that night was fun.. Denise, Fiddy, LouvreDude, 38 pickup, Malcom, Dumb Whore etc etc..
    Got a couple 3 or 4 solid hours of sleep, went and picked up a fuel pump and headed out to the show, sorry i couldnt get there early to help out Guys.. looks like you had it handled though. Thanks kustombuilder for doing all my dirty work when i putting on the fuel pump.. i was like "uhh hey Mike.. put your finger on this gas line.. do this, do that, tighten this, grab that" :)

Sat night was a bigger hoot .. hung with the Bombers from St-Louis, smoked some cigars, lit some flashy techno fireworks, drank some beers, Good bunch of fellas, hope to see ya'll soon.

Sidewalk chalk in the parking lot..

Met some great people, had a pork tenderloin as big as a plate, got a cool new hat, drank some cold beer, and drove my car.

Living life large.

2. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

It was nice to meet you, Mike... The weekend was a blast!

Cool Chevy, btw.....

Malcolm

3. Da Tinman

Da Tinman

Yeah it was way to much fun,, too bad i wasnt able to stay later on Saturday.

Todd & Shana Thanks for a great time! It was groovy to meet all of ya's that were there! Really good to meet the other Vagabonds!

Can't wait for next year!

Oh and Ryan is right,, some of you ARE wierd!

4. Greezy

Greezy

Mike it was a pleasure meeting you this weekend. You need to be carefull hangin out with those Bombers...they may be a bad influence.

5. HEBE GB

HEBE GB

We went back to Wayland to pick up Big Otis' shitbox and the Karls van Sunday morning.There were Kropdusters out and cleaning up main street early early.The boys take care of buisness and put on a hell of a show.Thanks to all from the SOUTH OMAHA TURDS.

6. 50flathead

50flathead
    from Iowa, USA

The Rust Revival had taken its rightful spot on my calander. This is the type of show that folks have been asking for.

7. 53sled

53sled
    from KCMO

It was a warm drive, but worth it! We'll be back.
    But next time, I might lay off the hooch.

Breakdancing is always cooler when its on TV, by people who know what they are doing. And not been drinkin in the sun.

Burnouts are fun. Thankfully, I didn't try to participate.

Thanks, Kropdusters. The photos are uploading now....

8. ROADKILLER

ROADKILLER
    from IL

Wow, that was great! A huge thanks to everyone showed I think It was like twice the size as 07 or maybe more.The Vagabonds ,Chrome czars, Bomers, Turds and the other clubs that came another big thanks.Yea and The Rumble Jets rule Im also a horrible dancer, but its hard not to when those guys play.So yea im ready to do it again and Magnet will seeya in october Homie.

Gordon

9. athenamarie

athenamarie
    from Kahoka, MO

Thanks to all those who came. What a GREAT time. 2nd year in a row I wound up passed out in the back seat of the caddy :) LOL but man was it ever worth it. HAVE A GREAT SUMMER everyone. --athena

10. Chuck-A-Burger Ryan

Chuck-A-Burger Ryan

We had a blast meeting new friends and talking to old ones...even if we are a bad influence;)thanks Greezy:D

11. hot-rod roadster

hot-rod roadster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Omaha Ne.

Mike it couldn't be said any better !!!
    Was good to meet you at the Super 8 and have the chance to check out your "62", Very nice. Gary

12. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

mike the only reason the show is the way it is, is because of you guys! you and Joe baby sat me in 07 and if anyones been to both, they could prolly see the similarity's!!! we just dont have to do it at a fairgrounds!!!!:)
    it was just great havin you guys there! i hope we made it worthy of a second visit!
    id type more but lightnin just shook our whole friggin house and im no losin another friggin puter that way!
    thanks again for.....OHH SHIT! that was even closer....finish my thoughts after storm!\

13. TudorJeff

TudorJeff

Mike, had a good time BS-ing with you under the best shade in Wayland and at the most fashionable hotel in Keokuk. I'll try to look you all up when we get settled in. Oh and thanks for the PBR! -Jeff

14. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

pbr???? folks in wayland that drink that are usually married to relatives!!! ;)

15. BinderRod

BinderRod

Mike it was really nice to meet you and we WILL see you at the Pile-Up. Keith

16. breederswife

breederswife

I was glad to have a moment to see you and Catherine. I can't say that I had much luck in seeing Hellfish and his Girls, but it was great to have all of you here for the weekend. Thank you to you and Joe for all of your advice and help that you have given Todd over the last couple of years. He is lost most of the time with whatever he does on a regular basis, love you honey;), so your guidance is much appreciated. Hope to make it up sometime when none of us are working, just having drinks:D:cool:! It's about time I had one:p!