Register now to get rid of these ads!

Big thanks to Kustombuilder

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by junk runner jr, Dec 4, 2003.

1. junk runner jr

junk runner jr

I just wanted to publicly say thanks to Kustombuilder (Mike Brimm). Mike jumped through a bunch of hoops to get me an engine driven compressor for an air bag project I am working on. It deffinatly pays to have friends in high places.

Thanks Mike

2. young buck

young buck

hey junk runner jr....just wondering if you used a ac compressor...if so was it a york
    i am doing the same thing right now and many people have told me to use a york compressor....but they are huge...thanks
    young buck

3. JamesG

JamesG

I have heard of some guys using thier A/C compressors as there airride a/c......but if ya dont have a/c then ya cant! Thought I'd throw that at ya!

4. junk runner jr

junk runner jr

Yea its a York Compressor, and yes I am keeping my airconditioning. The reason most people use the York compressor is because it has a crankcase. Most other AC compressors have the lubricating oil suspended in the Freon. With the York it stays in the compressor. I have seen some guys use a Sanden style compressor but they have to use an oiler on the intake side similar to the oilers you use to keep air tools lubricated. That requires alot of maintenence. The volume of air put out by the York is huge compaired to the electric compressors on the market. I have a Viar 450 on my car now. Its a pretty strong compressor but its loud and takes 2-3 munutes for my air tank to refill to 150psi. The York will do the same job in 15 seconds with alot less noise.

5. 'splain to me....with air cond. and bags are you using just one compressor?-the York? or do have one for a/c and one for bags? I have a York for my a/c but it is noisy and vibratory(?) and was thinking of going modern with the a/c, but if the York will serve dual purpose and is fast, well then....

6. junk runner jr

junk runner jr

no, no, no... I will have two compressors. The factory GM A/C unit and the compressor.

7. Donzie

Donzie

Yep, that Mike is a hellava nice guy....when he wants to be.
    Jr., you must not be short. [​IMG]

8. kustombuilder

kustombuilder
    from Novi, MI

now DONZIE. i don't pick on you JUST because your short [​IMG]!!!

not a problem JR. it's good to rack up a few good kahrma points now and then [​IMG]