Register now to get rid of these ads!

Big sacramento swap meet april 20

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by impala59, Apr 20, 2013.

1. impala59

impala59
    from vallejo,ca

It sure is awful quiet today, the big swap meet at sleep train arena and all is quiet on the board? I remember last year the board was active talking about the swap meet. Im not gonna sleep tonight just thinking about going!

2. _sir_charles_of_reno

_sir_charles_of_reno

Ill be there right at 6!

3. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

Me too, my first time. Bigger than Turlock? Different?

4. steel rebel

steel rebel
    Member Emeritus

Your scarring me it's April 21st isn't it. Or have I missed it?

5. chop32

chop32

The swap is Sunday the 21st...

6. oldwagonlover

oldwagonlover

Keep an eye out for my 1947 Chevy woodie wood.
    Stolen a couple months ago, it was all new white ash that I had made for my car.
    If you you happen to come across it. Take a picture and get a name and number of the seller. I won't be able to make it tomorrow.
    Thanks

7. impala59

impala59
    from vallejo,ca

THANKS GUNNER! april 21. sorry about that.

8. "Sleep Train Arena"? .... that just doesnt sound right! LOL ... I take it this isnt the HAN Swapmeet .... I find that one to be pretty damn good.

9. NAS Backyard

NAS Backyard
    from Lodi CA

The guys who run it had the original HAN swapmeet but had a falling out with the Reno people. So they packed up their name and moved to Sacramento . The Arena pimps out their name to the highest bidder. The swap is great if your a buyer, parking (swap) spaces are 20.00 for swapmeet, kind of small but ok if you want to almost give stuff away. I finally got a space at Jan. Turlock. That swap is a goldmine to sell at.

10. 296 V8

296 V8
    BANNED
    from Nor~Cal

lotsa good stuff ........ you should have went

11. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

I gone. Didn't get much for some reason. Heard one guy mutter "Nothin' but Ford crap" but I must have seen 500 SBC intake manifolds.

12. impala59

impala59
    from vallejo,ca

just got home, lots of buyers. sold a few items enough to cover what i spent to get there, seen alot of friends and had a good time bullshitting.

13. Cyclone

Cyclone
    from Sonoma, CA

Was there this morning, first time for me. Was bigger than I thought it would be, lots of good stuff.

14. evintho

evintho

Pretty good swap. Plenty of pre-48 pieces. Definitely not January Turlock but well worth the drive and $8 admission fee to get in. I rolled in around 9:30 and still lots of good deals. Some prices were steep (as usual) but overall decent deals to steals were there to be found. Picked up these 10" rims w/the perfect 3-3/4" backspacing I need for the roadster............$70. Also, grabbed the Geo Metro (ya, I know) gas tank w/255 LPH pump and sending unit for $30. Perfect fit for the roadster! I'll be back next year.

Next up, May 18, Petaluma, CA. at the fairgrounds. Always a good turnout!

[​IMG]

15. chop32

chop32

There is a swap meet at American River College in Sacramento on April 28th.

16. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Sold some stuff, not a lot. bought some stuff, not a lot. got a good connection on some steel rims I was looking for. bought after swap. did not pre-register because was a last minute decision to sell. got in Sellers line at 5:30AM today. finally got to a swap space by 6:30AM. line was over 1/4 mile long. one line for Sellers. at the last minute they have you fill out a Sellers form, then park your truck to stand in line to pay. $20 for a space for truck & another $20 more for a space to put your stuff in, or more if you have a trailer, etc. heard the Sat Nite line for Sellers was over one mile long. been doing this a long time and can not seem to speed up letting Sellers in.

17. supervert

supervert

I picked up a 48 plymouth dash for 40 bucks to put into my kids 28 dodge. And a Art Deco heater for 10. I saw lots of good deals and lots of ridiculous deals. Some people just pull prices out of their ass on some of the stuff they have.

18. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

Don't see any advertisement? Sure?

19. chop32

chop32

Yep...and Blue Collar Customs (Scott Mugford) has his open house the same day.
    Here is the flyer I picked up at Sacramento Vintage Ford last month...

Attached Files:

20. big M

big M

First hot day of the year, 88 degrees! I think the swap had temps over 90 last year, though. Good spectator attendance, but sales were definitely down for me. I did spot quite a few deals, and took advantage of a few of them.

---John

21. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

Thanks. They should put it up on Craig's list unless they are trying to keep out the riffraff.

Guess it's back to Sacto...

22. _sir_charles_of_reno

_sir_charles_of_reno

Still kicking myself, I passed on some sweet Keystone rims, 4 rims for 40 bucks. Gone when I went back.

23. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

That's all those were? If it's the ones I'm thinking of, the one underneath was not so nice, if that makes you feel any better. I gave them a thought but I'm busy buying up every vintage American 5 spoke clone in Norcal. And I'm doing 14s, 15s on a 75 inch wheelbase look like 24s on a Suburban.

24. _sir_charles_of_reno

_sir_charles_of_reno

You must have made a killing. Saw a lot of those style wheels. As long as the rims weren't bent we can restore them at my dad's shop. A cheap little project, but it's not like they're super rare or anything.

25. was the where they buried that old Locomotive back in the day ?