Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Big Olds Big Cross Country Adventure 2009

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotrodladycrusr, Aug 6, 2009.

1. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Personally I'd not try and broadcast live. I'd more apt to do quick edit and put it up the next day. It'll give you more control over it. You can still stream it to someone that could do the editing. But if you want to do some live streams you have the technology to do so. Where the videos are going to be hosted is another thing. Live streaming would be more expensive, quick editing and up the next day wld allow you to use YouTube or Vimeo.

2. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Not live defeats the purpose of actually having the feeling of riding along on the trip. Kinda like one of the guys here sitting at work thinking to himself......I wonder where the girls are in Big Olds now and clicking on the HAMB and being able to ride in Big Olds down the million dollar highway or tour around the Vault in the Petersen as he eats his samwich.

3. Leon

Leon

You could do the GPS device so people could at least see where you were at. It could even be used in addition to the video. Something like the guy doing the 49 states for charity?

4. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

Denise, Jim Rivers should know about camera operations like this. I'm pretty sure he set up the camera system on Hooley's Stude at Bonneville. Maybe he'll chime in? Paging Jim Rivers to the white courtesy phone...

5. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

live streaming is it's own animal. and I doubt that Ryan will want to pay for the bandwidth that it would take for all of us to log in and watch in real time. You'll need something like QuickTime Streaming Server and a pretty stout connection and server to deliver it without going down. That's why I suggested nightly or daily updates. Been there done that. Not hard but not really the easiest thing to do. All it really takes is money. :D

Now you can try something like http://www.ustream.tv/
    It would be interesting to do a test just to see.

6. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

OMG, I can't believe you just posted that link. Megan and I have been talking about doing a spoof "talk show" type of program where we are the hostesses with big hair and '80's clothing and dish about the latest news and gossip on the HAMB and the hot rod world and also have celebrity guests. We'll probably do one episode this winter and put it on youtube and go from there if it's a hit.:D

7. Brandi

Brandi

BWahahah!! That'd be awesome!

8. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

That was the direction I was trying to take lulu.tv before the rug was pulled. There are a few other sites out there that are similar. I just don't know if they have the infrastructure to take the hit. 70,000 users trying to see some pancakes will bring most of them to their knees. And not in the good way. :D

9. Deadbird

Deadbird

I like where this is going. Who needs regular TV after we get HRLC TV?

10. river1

river1

the cameras we use for hooley's stude are cheap helmet cams from tony hawk. yes that tony hawk. the image quality would suck if the light was low. i'm sure that you can get a HD webcam, place in front windshield, and hook it to a dedicated computer like a notebook. hook that to WIFI and you should be good to go. find a camera with a bluetooth connection and you could where it at get togethers. going live in small towns or out in the middle of nowhere would be more difficult and is beyond my knowledge.

later jim

11. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

Thanks for the info Jim!

12. What's that I smell?? Must be Spam..

13. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

The tony hawk cameras work pretty good, I've also had real good luck with the Twenty20 Cameras as well. HD is cool, but it takes more bandwidth. If you plan on streaming live going through a Edge or 3G cellular network is going to be the easiest to find, though doing kind of a daily thing from a local WIFI spot could be cool as well.

14. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Bringing this back to the top so Bass can check out some of the highways he might consider taking north/west next week.