Register now to get rid of these ads!

Big issues up here in Sodak!

Discussion in 'H.A.M.B. Drag Nationals' started by Tman, Aug 18, 2007.

1. Fiddy, I will call you about the room I have reserved that you and Louver Dude were talking about using. This also means I should have a spare room free. I will get with Bob. Any other Vagabonds that may need a room?

2. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

nope... i'm good with a room... bob hooked me up long ago... that's steve an billy's room holmes

3. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Trent, sorry to hear about the issues. We "Salt Cured HAMB Tourers" owe you big time for saving our cars from what surely would have been disasterious. It was a white knuckles ride into town that night for sure.

The next night I swear we hit it the same system again in the Winona, MN area where we stopped for the night once we found lodging. Major flooding with mudslides, closed roads and lives lost in the area. Very scary, very sad.

Glad to hear it was only stuff lost and not people.

4. Holy Cow guys... glad everyone is safe...... Mother Nature can be a biatch for sure.

Prayers for ya.

5. You do what you need to do but you will be missed.

From the last time you were at the drags...

[​IMG]

I wanted to run ya again!

6. Thanks for all the thoughts. My mom, brother and I spent about 10 hours today going through my folks stuff. We managed to save most of it minus 3 beds, half a sectional sofa and ssome little items. (my pops had to go off to an accident scene for work).

We rigged up some barrels in the truck and gravity fed the pressure washer to clean the wood furniture. Most stuff will survive with a little touchup.We even save two new couches that were in the shit! I have my shop full our families personal belongings and furniture. We will be spending several days getting stuff back in order.

Kerry, thanks for that pic, made my night.

7. Denise, we all got lucky on that one. I found out today that there was hail about everywhere I DIDNT Go, when I dodged the shit Friday. By us staying in Rockerville we missed the really bad stuff (minus my drive home), besides we got to hear ol Pete sing to the Snowbird Reunion:D .

We tried to lend a hand today to some others that needed help, lots of the folks that had stuff in our same storage facility had homes that were washed away, they were tring to just save some little part of their lives.

Ironically, many of the folks were in the same boat as us(no pun intended) they were moving and kinda in limbo, many were in the process of moving stuff to new houses.

Kharma will only bite one family though, the landlords didnt call anyone for a day and a half, dodged phonecalls from renters. Then, after they said they would have dumpsters there, they never showed. Even though the lady lives a couple miles away, we didnt see her at all this weekend. Thanks for caring bitch.:mad:

8. Short Bull

Short Bull

Hey Trent,
    I'm glad you guys did alright I seen that house that floated a mile and a half from its foundation I got worried about you guys. I was in Rapid that evening.....that was one mean looking storm.

9. Good to hear from you Jesse, we were wondering. I heard a house got hit by a Tornado at Red Shirt Table?

10. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

Jesse!

glad to hear from you as well my friend... :D

11. TRIUMPH TERROR

TRIUMPH TERROR

Glad for everyone being okay and hopefully not to many losses all material things can be replaced.

Jesse what you can go to Rapid a week after I leave there?:eek: Damn missed seeing ya kept waiting for ya to roll up to Daves house anytime.We had a wonderful time out there sure would have like to seen ya.Maybe another trip that way before the snow flies.I should would like a tour of the area from ya next time.Heck my wife and kid did not want to leave they are trying to get me to move out there.You coming to Mokan????

Shoe

12. guiseart

guiseart

stay home and take care of the loved ones, there is always next year man - I always give to the red cross, year round... hang in there.

13. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

YOU were in Rapid City that night?????:eek:
    I'm bummed:(

14. Jesse has a girfreind now. I think the little head is in charge!

15. Short Bull

Short Bull

Yea...I apologize for not making it....I was looking forward to seeing your mug again! Hey you know there is alot of cool places in Lakota country!! Unfortnately I will not coming to this years drags, as cool as it would be I need every nickel for my 55.....

My apologies Miss Denise....I did keep an eye for you guys till the storm raised a ruckus

Yes thats right Tman.....but she likes ol cars.....

good to hear from you....I hope all is well....my fifty five did alright in the storm....

16. Well Jesse, I think dad and I will run to Deadwood this weekend for a bit. Are you up for the HAMBDrags losers event?

17. Short Bull

Short Bull

Yea Tman.....I will be there on Saturday in the afternnon sometime.

18. CrazyD

CrazyD

Well the holes in the roof are all patched, Insurance adjusters are coming sometime this week, Not much more we can do, looks like lots of rain tonight:(

Packed up and heading to Joplin early am

Last chance Tman, will be going right by your place about 4am?????

19. Tempting but the work here is too important. Rememb er to buy that Engine Raffle ticket, the drag car needs an engine!

20. CrazyD

CrazyD

You sure are on here all the time for having so much to do!!!:eek: :D :D

21. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

I was thinking the same thing Dave!

Seriously, Tman, as much as I was looking forward to chatting with ya, gotta respect the commitment to family.
    GV

22. Dont rub it in Dave...............but, did you happen to leave any beers in the Fridge? I may swing out tomorrow night and fix the Touring so I can pick it up this weekend.