Register now to get rid of these ads!

Big issues up here in Sodak!

Discussion in 'H.A.M.B. Drag Nationals' started by Tman, Aug 18, 2007.

1. I wont know our status for the week but we got slammed by rain,hail and flash flooding. HRLC and her crew got lucky and dodged the bad weather last night...............the rest of us had problems. Daves truck and house are hammered. We had a little water in the house. But our worst problem is the little town close to us was about 50% WIPED OUT BY A FLASH FLOOD. No lives were lost that we know of. We re all fine but Carla and I and my folks had separate storage units on the edge of town. We had between a foot and a foot and a half of water in them. I lost most of my magazine collection, several of our larger pieces of furniture etc. We prob lost half of our boxed stuff since we hadnt fully moved into the house. My folks lost all their furnishings and anything within 2 feet of the floor. They had it all packed away and were living in their RV getting ready for a move to a new house.

SO, Dave,Todd and I have no idea if we can even leave town yet. I have at least 2 days of hauling stuff out of storage before it gets funky.

We will keep ya'll posted. Hug your loved ones, life is more important that "junk".

The Vagabonds are all safe, our hotrods are fine.

2. sgtmcd42

sgtmcd42

sorry to hear that. glad everyone is ok, though. Good luck!

3. BinderRod

BinderRod

Could we throw a bucket for donations for the town that lost so much? Put me in for $20.00

4. Donate to the Red Cross, they were already set up and helping folks.

5. Man T, sorry to hear the bad news. I'm just glad to hear no one was injured. Take care of what you have to and hopefully we'll see friday.

6. Thanks man, we will see what we can do. I talked to Dave this AM and they even had chunks of deck missing from the baseball sized hail. I am making room in the shop to haul what we can salvage outta storage. I have about 1000 magazines and most of our collection of bokks destroyed for sure. My 265 block should be ok. we lost some antique architectural pieces we fear. we would have been OK but they added several feet of fill in front of our unit to build more last week. I think most of the water would have stayed at our doorstep if they hadn't:mad: (they provided no drainage),.

Like I said before, it is just stuff.

7. Tsquared

Tsquared
    from Pratt, Ks.

Sorry to hear of your loss!!!
    I had been worrying about the AUSTIN gang, with all the flooding they`ve been getting, and didn`t know anything was going on up there in GOD`s country,,,

Good Luck!

8. CrazyD

CrazyD

Lots of damage here, what a mess!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. CrazyD

CrazyD

10. CrazyD

CrazyD

Bad deal the 50 got a lot of damage:mad:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. Damn dude, I dont know who is more fucked?!

12. BELLM

BELLM

Damn guys, that was some big hail. Hope you guys can still make the drags. Wish we were closer so we could lend a hand.

13. Thanks Eddie, I was just laying on the couch realizing all the stuff we own that was under water. Gee, really looking forward to cleaning out that storage unit.........not!

At least all of us have roofs over our heads. Others are not so lucky.

14. Damn Dave, that is some serious hail. We had a bout like that here a few years ago. That stuff'll beat the hell out of everything. Glad you're OK. Hey, that's what you have insurance for, right? :rolleyes:

15. 1st pic is a trck washed downstream, this is just north of our place.The truck is a couple hundred yards from the closest ranchhouse. There is a car trailor in the trees in front of it that flaoted down.

2nd is the edge of the flooding in town

3rd is blurry, that little blue dot is a full size pickup I think that is 15 feet of water.The red dot is a full size Dodge. They came from the house a mile upstream. The RR tracks made a Dam until they washed out, there WAS a whole subdivision on the other side.

Pray for these folks.

Attached Files:

16. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

holy shit!

our prayers are going out to you all right now... dave, trent... stay home and take care of what needs done, the drags will always be there, the important thing is you all are OK...

any news on what you guys might need out there? chow, water, bedding... say the word...

17. Asphalt Outlaw Hero

Asphalt Outlaw Hero
    from Dixie

Really sorry to hear it.My storage facility got hit by a tornado years ago on Christmas eve. It wasn't my best Christmas.

18. Fiddy, we are all fine, just lots of cleanup. Dave from the hail and us from the water. Carla and I had most of our day to day stuff moved in already. My folks had their winter clothing in their unit, they salvaged that yesterday.

A side note, a guy down the road just moved here from Florida. He said what we went through was worse than the last few hurricanes he sat thru. The neighbor was watching his weather station and when the wind speed monitor quit was at 98 when the post was torn outta the ground! Abouth that time a full semi tipped over on the highway a mile East of us.

19. Zeke

Zeke

Damn dude I'm glad everyone is all alright. Take care bro.

20. Yikes! Hope you can still make the drags. I'll bet your mind needs a little vacation from all that.

21. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

CrazyD, Tman, Glad your all safe. Your right, stuff is just stuff. Been through hail like that. I know it aint funny, but looks like the 50 faired far better than the red PU. They put a little more iron in'em back then.

Hope you guys get to come this weekend. Terry and I will say a little prayer for ya both and all the others affected.

GV

22. atch

atch

what gv said...

yeah, we get hit with hail like that around here occasionally too. wish i could say something that would help, though.

me, too.

hope to see you guys this weekend.

is there anything us flatlanders can do from here to help?

23. Roothawg

Roothawg

Tman we got 8" here last night. They closed I-40. People underwater everywhere.

Hopefully we'll see ya'll at the drags.

24. We are OK, Dad, Todd and I took all day and cleared our stuff outta storage, I only lost my Rodders Journals and my collection of Hotrod book. Carla lost some 100 year old Primary Readers.

We saved 95% of our stuff, my folks stuff is tomorrow. Lots of lost furniture there.

The Terex Scraper in front of the storage unit had water 8 feet up on the windows.

25. Man, what a mess! Glad you are all ok. You guys are in my prayers.

26. Rusty

Rusty

Sucky News. You are bound to have a better week after all that tragedy

Rusty

27. jerry

jerry

I'll check for any duplicate Rj's. They are yours if you want.

jerry

28. Thanks Jerry, no worries for now, those things are minor in the scope of life. I feel bad that all the Books I got from Steve H were lost. Before he died we traded some T doors i had for a collection of Flathead books................

29. Sounds like Dave and Danielle are coming down to the drags for sure. There is nothing they can do for the house, it is keeping the rain out.

My lil Bro might make the trip as well. I am still leaning towards not going, I have everything we own scattered in my shop. even the stuff that wasnt soaked is humid. We may have to repack all boxes.

30. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

like i said Trent, you an Carla take care of bidniz. . . just knowing your family is OK makes things seem a lil brighter here, and is for sure an answer to prayer bro.

if you gotta stay home, so be it. the drags'll be there in '08. . . and dont worry about this years feed. a GREAT HAMBer (GV Gordon... Sorry George, dont wanna embarress ya, but i gotta slap shoulders when they deserve it!) has stepped up and taken on some of the things you were going to be supplying. not to mention a number of offers of "helping hands", so it's still a "go" for friday... but you'll be missed! :(