Register now to get rid of these ads!

Big daddy and RF

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 52stude43, Oct 6, 2011.

1. 52stude43

52stude43

We all know that RF stands for Rat Fink right ??? I wasn't around in the 60's and have heard of a story or two that Big Daddy had a secret meaning to RF so the cool kids could chuckle when there parents asked them what RF meant , have been looking on line and have talked to a few old timers and no one seams to know the "secret saying" , is it an old wifes tale or is it true?? I can about guess what the F stands for, ---------------anyone

2. notrod13

notrod13
    from long beach

ive never been one of the Kool Kids so got no idea.... interesting though

3. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Funny... I thought RF stood for Rob Fortier. :D But I guess you COULD put them both together and...

[​IMG]

4. look up beat generation

beat slang late 40's -50's

daddyo
    i'"m hip daddyo
    cool man

" big "i believe it came from tha term " being like the king of" without the politcal association

i have been looking at some 50's cosmo magazines where they are tying to define the beat generation to the " un hip squares"

good luck

5. toughnut

toughnut
    from Arizona

RF = Rat Fucked. Meaning you were uh, rat fucked. Screwed! Like in: "He RF'd you man". Nowadays they just drop the "rat" part.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2011
  6. rat pup

rat pup
    from houston

I heard it stood for...Really F_ckers? maybe just a rumor

7. Don't know the validity of whether it stood for "Rat F**k" or not and in reality it doesn't matter much anymore.It can mean whatever you wish it to mean.

Remember the 1970's when everybody had the letters A-M-F painted on the back of their cars and bikes? Some even used a regular decal from American Machine & Foundry(that owned Harley-Davidson for awhile). It was descibed as either standing for "Adios My Friend" or,"Adios Mother F**ker" depending on whom you asked or told.If it was a law enforcement officer it was always the former.

The term "Rat Fink" was a term popularized by Rowan & Martin on their TV show,"Laugh-In" but I remember the term being used by Phil Silvers in the 1963 movie,"It's a Mad,Mad,Mad,Mad World" as his beautiful 46-48 Ford convertible is floating down a river. Who knows how much further back the term goes.

8. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

Rat = tell on your friend,schoolmate,little brother.
    Fink = much the same.
    Only speculation, mind you. I hung out on occasion at Mr. Roth's joint in the late 60's and early 70's in Anahiem and never heard a refrence that I recall. He pinstripped my new ten speed and really got my Dad wound up. That was funny.
    I cry everytime I watch Phil Silvers beat that ford. Dayuuuum.