Register now to get rid of these ads!

Big Al's Allison Powered 34?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Locomotive Breath, Feb 4, 2007.

1. FritzTownFord

FritzTownFord

About the time I started driving, Lytle was living in a big old Victorian house about a mile from my house in San Antonio, TX. Don't know if it was his parent's house or he was just living there - he's 5 or 7 years older than me. He used to drive around San Antonio in a weird hot rod - a Crosley wagon body on a bigger frame with the wheels outside to body. Our "cruise strip" was right in front of his old house and on toward town for several miles (about four cool drive-in spots to hang out. I didn't ever meet him but I'm told he has always been - shall we say, "extremely self confident". But hell, if he drove those crazy cars even once he'd have bigger ones than me.

2. I just saw Big Al at the NHRA Museum this afternoon. It's part of the 75th Anniversary of the 1934 Ford there.

3. any more on this wild car???

4. LarzBahrs

LarzBahrs
    from Sacramento

Now everybodys catching crabs and wearing seat belts!:D

5. Locomotive Breath

Locomotive Breath
    from Texas

Great article about Jim Lytle and "Big Al" in the current (Nov.09) Hot Rod Deluxe.