Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Beware of Ross Racing Engines!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Vern 1963, Feb 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vern 1963

Vern 1963
    from Virginia

Ahhh!! Sad part is Ross was sitting there while all this took place. All he could do was chuckle ever now and then!! I think this has been going on for quite some time.

2. Oh,,oh,,,that doesn’t sound good.
    Sorry man,,,hope you can get this fixed .

Tommy

3. Vern 1963

Vern 1963
    from Virginia

Can’t get blood from a turnip!! I can win the judgement per say but that only gives me a piece of paper. Now comes the hard part!! Collecting!! I can put leans on everything they have and such. His dad is definitely worth more than he is if you go by what’s on the books as assets!! He’s trying to run the business as an all cash business. Do you dare to guess why? Investigation is probably more like it!!

Last edited: Feb 11, 2020
  4. The government frowns on not reporting and paying taxes.

I know many shops that ran on a cash only basis.

get audited and first thing the auditor questions them on is “ you purchased xxxxxx amount of parts and equipment
    But only billed out xxxxx where’s your stock ?

oopsie !

Key to what I wrote is shops THAT ran like this, when your making big bucks it don’t take much for the government to start looking if people complain. Look at what brought Al Capone down !

Vern 1963, 6-bangertim and lumpy 63 like this.
  5. karl share

karl share

6. panhead_pete

panhead_pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Win the judgement and go from there but more posts on here wont help achieve that. Here's some free legal advice, I would be SUPER careful of making any allegations not related directly to your issue like you just did. You are just giving them ammunition and you may well wind up on the pointy end of a lawsuit yourself.

bchctybob, harpo1313, XXL__ and 2 others like this.
  7. You need to do this if you haven't already...The best way to stop him from doing this to others, if that is your aim, is to put him out of business. I too was under the impression he was one of the best from his advertisements in TRJ....Some people...Good luck to you and your Dad.....

Malcolm and Vern 1963 like this.
  8. Vern 1963

Vern 1963
    from Virginia

I figure he’s busy trying to get the moderators to take this thread down. I would think a person would be miserable after all these years or maybe they just become comfortably numb to all the lies and cheating or stealing from people!

Dino 64 likes this.
  9. saltracer219

saltracer219

If you look close at the picture of the casting number it appears to be 568929 that is a 57-8 371, it matches the two 57 371's that I have here in my shop.

10. Man- Sorry for all your dealing /going through.......
    ^^^^^ For the quote above- Seemed years ago that a lot here on this board thought that he was some type of god or something.......... Olympus has fallen...... Payback/karma will come in many way's/shape's/form's.....
    Thanks for sharing a tough pill swallowed.......:(

Old wolf, flt-blk, Dino 64 and 2 others like this.
  11. Vern 1963

Vern 1963
    from Virginia

12. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

Long live the "Trailer Park Boys"! LOL

jvo and Andy K like this.
  13. nochop

nochop
    from norcal

Has anybody received a motor or transmission in a timely manor from Ross Racing?

Vern 1963 likes this.
  14. Vern 1963

Vern 1963
    from Virginia

You are correct my friend! That’s the # on it for sure!

nochop likes this.
  15. talk to Joe at danbury competition engine. he does most of my stuff.

Vern 1963 likes this.
  16. nochop

nochop
    from norcal

Website has been down for quite sometime

Vern 1963 likes this.
  17. tubman

tubman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Some of you guys have a lot more faith in lawyers than I do. The first thing any attorney is going to do is evaluate the chances of collecting. If they don't look good, prepare to hear the word "Retainer".

18. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I imagine he's hiding in a corner somewhere shaking like a dog shitting peach pits. I sure as hell would be if I ever pulled this kind of crap on a customer, and had the HAMB and friends made aware of it. I got no sympathy for thieves. C'mon @GOATROPER02 , let's hear from you!

I have an UHC 394 core sitting in the shop. Maybe I could sell it to Tony?

19. nochop

nochop
    from norcal

Probably cost me more to hire a lawyer......shit, I really wanted that Olds and Trans.

Vern 1963 likes this.
  20. Vern 1963

Vern 1963
    from Virginia

I’m just glad that I wasn’t blew off like a fly. I was really hesitant to post on here but I figured what the hell!! I’ve lost $13K so why not use my screwup to maybe help or keep someone from making the same!! I still get choked on that pill from time to time!!

Old wolf, Dino 64, harpo1313 and 4 others like this.
  21. rusty valley

rusty valley

i have won 2 judgements in my time. the first one, i wanted my money back as revenge. not a huge sum, but pissed that i had been ripped off by a "friend". as stated above, the court gives you a piece of paper. then every time you send the sheriff to his bank to try and collect, you pay the sheriff, cash up front, then he goes to the bank and finds no money. that cash is added to the debt he owes you, but after several rounds i quit. 2nd time i did not play that game, i just waited, you have to renew every 7years? and finally the guy wanted to but a house and the bank would not talk until my judgment was paid. i settled for less than what was owed, but something is better than nothing. in this case, its too bad these fuckers do not get that its not the money, they are also taking years from your life. projects sit on hold, life goes on, interests may change, other factors of life uncontrollable such as health issues come up, etc, etc, and what was once your dream is now on the back burner while he was on vacation with your money

harpo1313, 6-bangertim, X38 and 4 others like this.
  22. Oh snap! I was told you're not allowed to say that o_O

Vern 1963 likes this.
  23. chimp71

chimp71

Vern 1963 thanks for the heads up and to the moderator for not taking this down. I had a similar result as rusty valley. I pursued a small courts claim before a judge and won, it took 5 years to recover my money, it goes on their credit rating and they need to clear it to purchase anything on credit. Another time I payed for parts I never received, so I contacted the Attorney Generals office in that state and filled a complaint, seem they don't like business operating cash only, I received a refund . Don't give up.

VANDENPLAS, 6-bangertim and Vern 1963 like this.
  24. paul55

paul55
    from michigan

When I originally posted, I thought it was an 8, but if it's a 9, it's a 371 as you stated. Still not the "394" that he paid for.

Vern 1963 likes this.
  25. Toner283

Toner283

I wonder if @TRJ is aware of any of this?

Vern 1963 likes this.
  26. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

If there's a group of people that have been swindled, one attorney or law firm can represent the group. That may help you out money wise. If it's rampant, then you'll see the DA or atty general get involved-especially if a business is actively writing business deals (they know they can't fulfill) and collecting money when they're so far behind there's no way in hell they could possibly deliver, aka fraud. State and IRS officials vulture in for their share. Next thing you know the business is padlocked.

I'd have balked at the initial 2 year completion quote. Love the line "he was busy racing". Wow what a bummer. Makes you wonder the why what and how of the operation going over the side...

Irish Mike, VANDENPLAS and Vern 1963 like this.
  27. BigJim394

BigJim394

Try googling
    Ross Racing Engines Better Business Bureau
    Ross Racing Engines lawsuits
    Ross Racing Engines complaints

You are not alone

28. GOATROPER02

GOATROPER02
    from OHIO

Well ..... just saw this.... I’ll respond once
    And I dont have time read all the BS

In Business we unfortunately can’t please everyone..... and there is always 2 sides......

And I will be the first to say I do get behind in work..... our work load is always very heavy ....... and all I can do is apologize ...as we are a small shop..... we work a lot of hours..... and we are a shop who takes pride in the quality of the product we produce..... and that also adds to our time lines as we sometimes spend way more time with a job than we probably should

BUT.....you will always receive what you ordered from me.....

We build custom engines with a lot of custom made parts...... these are not sbc’s... the pieces are not always readily available

Now ..... in the case of the the OP .... he got what he ordered which was a 394 ci early Olds
    We discussed and He knew I was using a 57-58 block with the smaller main journals..... so we could use better modern bearings ..... not offshore
    It has an internally balanced nitride stroker crank and H-beam rods.... OUR aluminum heads...... roller rockers Ect ....along with many other of our modern quality parts.... that can only be purchased from our shop ....,.
    We where supposed to use a different induction system..... that would make more HP.... He changed the order

He knew the cost ahead of time.. and agreed

I stuck to the quoted price..... he didn’t think he should pay sales tax upon pick up..... that’s where he says I jacked the price up

When he did have contact with my shop ...... I always got the sob story as how his work/job was in bad shape..... and he didn’t know how he was to pay for it
    Then Gets upset when I won’t take a personal ck
    Now he tells a story to suit his needs

He came paid the bill ..... he didn’t have to

There’s more but that’s as far as I’m going

As far as a couple others on here who say they where wronged..... they received what they where supposed to get ..... one was a partial barder deal
    that I got the short end on...along with a back stab deal...... Right Matt? You want to open that up? ....just keep telling your false story to suite your agenda .....

And the other never full filled his agreed payments......

And the Keyboard warriors with the 2 cents..... I wish I had all the free time that you all must have.....

I’ll be in the shop working 7 days a wk......

Tony

29. Interesting read, Not taking sides but 2 old sayings come to mind,

“There’s 3 sides to every story, His,Theirs and the Truth”

And,

“Where there’s smoke,there’s usually fire.”

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.