Register now to get rid of these ads!

BEWARE of a KEV81 here on the HAMB

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by sinticket, Dec 17, 2013.

1. sinticket

sinticket

OK so last week I put up an ad in the Wanted Section for a set of Grancor/Granatelli Heads. A day or so passes and Kev81 hits me up and ask if I am still interested and to email him at [email protected] if I was. So I did, a couple days go by and he sends me a few pics of a Grancor intake (not heads...which was first clue). I looked at it and for the price I said sure and I was going to purchase it. I told him send me his Paypal info and I would get the money to him. He said he only uses MoneyGram and it is safe yada yada yada. I tell him no, I do not feel comfortable with this transaction because (1) he just joined the HAMB on 12/15/13 and was not an Alliance Member (2) he did not do and introduction (3) he didnt know the difference in heads or intakes (4) he actually used the pictures from HITCHHIKERS from 1/31/13 here on the HAMB...and I remembered the pics from before.

When I busted him on this all he could say was "Alright Dustin Have a nice day!"

Just please beware of this scum bag.

His Name that he uses is:
    Kevin Kravchenko
    7864 Millbrookshire Way
    Las Vegas NV 89138-6147

Last edited: Dec 17, 2013
  2. nailheadroadster

nailheadroadster

Good info THANK YOU! Glad you didnt get stung.

3. Appreciate the heads-up. You did the right thing and maybe saved a lot of folks a lot of grief. There are predators amongst us in the world. There are tiny little corners of Hell awaiting creeps like him. Karma is for real.

4. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Way to go !! You played it perfectly. Thanks for the heads up. :)

Don

5. vintage tin

vintage tin

That's the name he is using this week.
    Next week he will be somebody else.

Buyer Beware.

6. Mike51Merc

Mike51Merc

Yes, and Seller beware too.

7. Good job Dustin. I am glad you didn't get scammed.

8. tallhtrddr

tallhtrddr

Hell yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!! great job,,,,,,,,,,,,,,glad you didn't lose any money, too bad we cant deal with those in person!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. 1950heavymetal

1950heavymetal

BUSTED!!! Nice work

Posted from the international space station & powered by the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

10. NEVER..EVER buy from someone that just joined to try to sell something your looking for,,generally a scam. HRP

11. Report it to Ryan, he can block the guys IP addy.

12. ttsurgeon

ttsurgeon
    from ny

Just sent you a pm
    greetings from the Porsche aircooled world.
    c

13. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

for every post like this we see here there are 10 guys who sent their hard earned money to these assholes.

trust no one on the internet.

14. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

15. DERPR30

DERPR30
    from HARVEY LA

Way to go glad you outsmarted the s o b pays to do your homework b4 cash changes hands

16. Set a trap for scammers by running an ad like this:

Wanted: An original Chrysler Kanuter valve, must be in good working order with muffler belt still attached. Also looking for a radiator for a 60 VW bug.

haha..

17. ......Don't forget to put the phrase, "Willing to pay top dollar" in there.:rolleyes:

18. ttsurgeon

ttsurgeon
    from ny

Guy just tried the exact same con on me with a rare Porsche part, using a pic from another members fs ad that I recognized and the monogram bs. This forum saved me 1400$.
    thanks boys. see my thread over on pelican parts, Porsche 930 turbo forum.
    thanks!

19. Hotrodmyk

Hotrodmyk
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Nicely played!

20. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Well, you JUST joined and your 2 posts are in this thread. Coincidence?

Gotta be safe this time of year. Gonna hit the red button. If I'm wrong, no harm done.

21. ttsurgeon

ttsurgeon
    from ny

No prob, ck me out on pelican I have about a thousand posts, rennlist about 6000.
    Nothing to hide, nearly ripped off that's all
    c

22. He joined and said that he had the same problem with the guy on a different forum, he was helping to warn about this joker!

23. Having a @gmail.com address is the standard for most scammers. It always sets off red flags with me. Then, the money-gram request is the topper.

Steve

24. engine138

engine138
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Commack NY

Just as Ryan advises only do business with Alliance members

25. jkeesey

jkeesey

Ouch, I have a gmail account and use it frequently because it syncs with my phone. Money Gram is #1 from what Ive noticed. Or pay attention to obvious grammatical errors in the message.

26. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Then no harm done. I was curious, like a few others were. I just decided not to sneak around it.

27. ttsurgeon

ttsurgeon
    from ny

Thank you, I'm into porsches now, but used to have a 55 chevy exactly like the two lane blacktop car, straight axle and all, and I've hot-rodded a flathead ford in my time!:cool:
    just wanted to say thanks and warn others
    c

28. Yeah the gmail thing says nothing. I've had gmail for over 10 years. Most my friends and family have gmail. There are tons of 'free email inboxes' out there to sign up for, why discriminate?

29. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Buying only from Alliance members is good insurance against fraud. Also, take a few minutes to check the guy out if he says he has something you really need and haven't found after much searching, and he isn't an Alliance member. Take a look at some of his old posts by way of the search function. Read his posts and you should be able to get an idea what kind of guy he is. Google is great also.
    But I agree, if a guy won't use PayPal to make a sale, that's at least one if not two strikes against his credibility.

30. ChefMike

ChefMike

what an idot ! thanks for the warning