Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Beware COWTOWN SPEED SHOP in Missouri

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by m.ralph, May 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. m.ralph

m.ralph

All H.A.M.B. members beware of Cowtown Speed Shop. I was going to erase this warning until Doug started to lie about everything about the things that I bought from him and the items that he hasn't send me yet.

Last edited: May 18, 2016
  2. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

3. Inked Monkey

Inked Monkey

4. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

5. clem

clem

From his fordbarn threads,
    Seems to be selling a lot of parts......
    Just an observation.

6. Last edited: May 10, 2016
  7. Inked Monkey

Inked Monkey

Well then, crazy. I seem to see his shirts all over the damn place at shows

8. But is he in 'em?

He had a shop for a while no reason to go into what he was building. I get the impression that he is no longer building anything just selling out. Anyway I think that you saw lots of T shirts because of the shop. T shirts are a way to advertise, one seldom makes a living from them. If you break even you just got free advertising. ;)

9. Inked Monkey

Inked Monkey

But according to his shirts he's been around since 1953....... All people from that generation are stand up peeps

10. Why would you expect a scammer to tell the truth?

He is younger then I am (I am pretty sure)and I have been around since '54. He certainly isn't old enough to have been in business since '53, if he started at age 18 that would make him somewhere in the neighborhood of 80. I have been in the area on and off since '71 and never heard of the Cowtown Speed Shop until just before the recession.

Think about it just for a moment.

11. oldolds

oldolds

I never bought anything mail order from them. They used to have a big booth at NSRA shows. I think o_O.
    I haven't been to one of those since 2005 or so. It could have been sold since those days

12. 34toddster

34toddster
    from Missouri

Beaner, who is this guy? I never heard of him until recently, so far nothing good.
    He must be from the KC area to call himself Cowtown anything.

13. boltupal

boltupal
    from western ny

What is his name?

14. I don't recall his name, he is in Independence. Check your PMs.

15. patmanta

patmanta
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Woburn, MA
    1. MASSACHUSETTS HAMB

This one doesn't seem to follow the usual shifty seller profile. He's actually participated in threads and not just posting of parts for sale. Last activity is January, so obviously he's been breathing since that other thread and issue started.

16. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

I have been hesitant to say anything, I bought some stuff from him last year. He was a little slow to ship, but I have been known to procrastinate myself. He was also pretty slow to respond to emails, and at one point, I was given a tracking number that didnt work, that made me pretty uneasy. The parts were also tied up in customs longer than usual, but that wasnt his fault at all. I did get my parts, it took a while, but not entirely his fault. Seemed more disorganized than anything, which I can relate to.
    But even after my experience, I probably wouldn't have bought from him again, it was a bit stressful.

17. WiredSpider

WiredSpider

I had dealings with him a few years ago.
    Bought a 34 cowl from him
    Was rustier than he said and he lied about when it was shipped.
    Too flakey for me

18. Inked Monkey

Inked Monkey

Shame, wish everybody had enough respect for each other not to be crooks

19. I've bought from him in person. His name is Doug.

20. Cactus is it Doug or DUNG ,anybody got a last name? Well being from Cowtown ya know!!!

21. Cowtown

Cowtown

Please don't mix me up with Cowtown in Missouri. I am from Montana!!! Maybe I should change my name?

46international and czuch like this.
  22. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

funny, I saw your name on another thread yesterday, and thought "poor b*st*rd, people are gonna think its him!" :confused::D

kiwijeff likes this.
  23. Da Tinman

Da Tinman

Dammit saw the name and was hoping for some fireworks........

24. You can't change usernames. It takes a unique situation to get Ryan to change someone's name. I think this might qualify! He just might.
    I though of your posts I've seen when I read this thread.

46international likes this.
  25. NashRodMan

NashRodMan

Maybe he could change your name to "the HAMB member formerly known as COWTOWN". :-/
    Just thought I'd add some levity to this thread. These situations suck.

falcongeorge likes this.
  26. Clik

Clik

How does a guy rip people off from his home and sleep at night? He'd never get away with that in my neck of the woods.

27. 19Eddy30

19Eddy30
    from VA

They do not FEAR any more !!!!
    protected by cell phones
    (( Camera)))

PunkAssGearhead88 likes this.
  28. AHotRod

AHotRod

There is a Ron Goucher on Facebook that has a Hot Rod truck that is the same truck on one of the Cowtown Speed Shop T-shirts.
    I found where there is a Ronnie Douglas Goucher, wife Cindy, listed as a simbling of a woman that pasted away.
    Facebook link: https://www.facebook.com/ron.goucher.7

CowtownSS_29PickUp.jpg

29. Kan Kustom

Kan Kustom

You got the coupe and he has been on the HAMB without trouble for a long time. If he was an out and out crook he would have stiffed you for the coupe also. It sounds more to me he is going through some kind of financial or other kind of disaster and might be trying to disappear for a while till he figures out how to straighten things out. Some people get terrified and freeze up even though the right thing to do is talk with people you are in the middle of dealings with. Not everyone is understanding or patient when you owe them something. I met him once and discussed buying a 34 coupe body from him. I told him I wasn't sure I really needed another project and he told me to think about it for a while and make sure I really wanted to buy it. I said I would and he sent me on my way with two free T shirts. I just cant see a guy like that as an intentional crook. We had a long conversation and he seemed to me to have good morals and liked people with integrity.

Last edited: May 12, 2016
    falcongeorge and bobg1951chevy like this.
  30. rustyrods

rustyrods
    from Dixon,Il.

Thanks for the heads up. Ryan won't do anything but tell you guys to fight it out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.