Register now to get rid of these ads!

Better late than never?

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Red Ryder, Jan 30, 2009.

1. Red Ryder

Red Ryder

My apologies. I meant to do this a long time ago. Really! I got the bug when I was a kid who lived about a mile from the old Alton Dragway, and I haven't got over it. Some of the older guys in the neighborhood had cars that didn't quite look as good as the ones we saw in the little R&C mags, but it was close enough. My last hot rod was a 32 Chevy 5W that I ran out of room for, and sold about 10 years ago. Still regret that too. I am retired now, but I do some custom metal polishing for area folks. An old friend of mine makes some killer custom grills, which I am sure you have seen examples of. I often make the material they are fabricated from all nice and shiny. One day I will take another stab at a car. Had a chance at a 30 Model A rolling chassis last summer, but it got away before I could snatch it up! Maybe I will have better luck this year? I just refuse to grow up. - Bill

2. PASTDUEBILL

PASTDUEBILL

Dude, if I were retired I would have started a rod project yesterday.
    Welcome from East Alabama.

3. Lucky667

Lucky667
    from TX

Red Ryder, Hello & Welcome to the HAMB from South Texas.

Lucky667

4. Red Ryder

Red Ryder

It would be nice if retirement was all it's cracked up to be! I've got 25 years worth of Honey-Do things to take care of too...

5. Lucky667

Lucky667
    from TX

Retirement may not be what it's cracked up to be, It still beats working.
    "without adult supervision", makes "all" the difference.

Lucky667