Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Best/Worst 4 barrel manifold to adapt a small blower SBC

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bfalfa55, Feb 25, 2015.

1. moparmuscle1

moparmuscle1

2. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

There is a SBC blower manifold, on that there auction site we still know of and love, that already has a plate bolted to it. Thing is, it was a blower intake to start with (?). I believe it's a Holley intake, possibly one of their intakes for their 144 mini-blower. So, what's going on? Are you still working with the N/A 265? I know you talked about a blower at some point. I'm surprised no one has asked for pics yet. I am Butch/56sedandelivery.

3. bfalfa55

bfalfa55

Yeah Butch, I am still going to build it normally aspirated to have fun with my 265 but I want to make it modernly blown and modernly fuel injected to see what I can actually get from the little beast !. New job is super busy but a lot more money. Have a city sewer to connect to and we are upgrading our daily driving cars, then I will get back to the 55 soon. I found an Edlebrock C26 for cheap that is a little beat up and I got the M112 for $221 ! Need to get the dimensions right and make an adapter plate. It will be a while before I finish the blown/fuel injected setup but I had to take a mocked up pic !

Attached Files:

4. Toolroomer

Toolroomer

another manifold that I think would work is the Offenhauser 360. They are one giant hole with a four barrel hole on the top and seem to be pretty affordable.

5. Come to think of it I have an offy low 2x4 that is open from one end to the other. Toney You hit the right access code to my internal memory. :D

This a damned lame idea as in cartoony lame but a tunnel ram would make a good blower manifold. LOL :rolleyes:

Sorry I just couldn't resist the tunnel ram idea. :oops:

6. bfalfa55

bfalfa55

This a damned lame idea as in cartoony lame but a tunnel ram would make a good blower manifold. LOL :rolleyes:

Sorry I just couldn't resist the tunnel ram idea.

Hey Porknbeaner, put in "blown 283 Chevy" on youtube. There is a video of one with dual fours on top of the blower and it is a skyscraper over the top of the engine. It sounds LETHAL though. I go look it up every now and then just because it sounds so damn good !

7. bfalfa55

bfalfa55

It has been a long time since this thread was started! I took Porknbeaner's suggestion and found a Crossfire Injection Manifold for $50. Anyone who knows about them knows the runners are smaller and choked off where they go into the heads. I have reviewed many Crossfire related sites on ways to modify the manifold. Should I leave the cross runners and port/clean them up ? Should I hack out the whole inside of the manifold for one large plenum or being that this is going on a 265 with a blower should I just leave them alone? I will build this one day, I promise! I will post a new pic later. Waiting to hear what everyone thinks/suggestions.

8. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

With a blower on a 265 you won't gain much hogging it out, spend your time on other things.................

9. bfalfa55

bfalfa55

Thanks Brigrat, that is the type of helpful words I need. This is going to be a high compression/low boost application. I see some areas that I can improve in this manifold plus the ways I have seen guys modify crossfires for the Vette's/Camaro's/Firebird's. That is probably the route I will go. Just good to get input for my crazy ideas!

10. earlymopar

earlymopar

Can't agree more with Porkbeaner. As well, one other "detail" to consider is that some of the aftermarket manifold manufacturers angled the ENTIRE manifold at 3 to 5 degrees rather than just the carburetor mounting surfaces. This creates a boat-load of additional work (and problems) when modifying for a supercharger base. I have a Weiand for a Mopar application where this was done. Ironically, this also made the original manifold much more difficult to design and to create a casting "die" for versus simply fly-cutting the carburetor surface to 3 degrees after casting. - EM