Register now to get rid of these ads!

Best wives ever?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Action Girl, Dec 27, 2006.

1. I went to work last Friday and my boss calls me and my assistant into his office. We take the walk across the street and he says "Thanks for all your hard work this year" and hands us two envelopes. Having just received our Christmas bonuses and a week's free paid vacation days earlier, we say thanks and then head back across the street. I explain to my assistant that the envelope probably contains a discretionary bonus, and that it might me a couple hundred bucks, but nothing major.

After sitting at our desks for a few minutes, we decide to open the envelopes to see what's inside. Turns out we had a really good year, and there's just shy of $1000 bucks in the envelope :eek: . I look and Cheriti and she looks at me and says "Are you fucking kidding me?" and I say, "VIVA LAS VEGAS!". :D

So after keeping it a big secret for 3 days, the two of us reveal our surprise to our better halves at a Christmas get together. Not only is Cheriti my assistant, but she's also my best friend and her hubby is the Prez of the Karb Kings. I've never been to VLV and she's been begging me to go for years and so now it's happening. I booked the flights for 4, 2 hotel rooms and 4 wristbands, and we still have over $200 bucks left each to put into the spending money account.

I'm so excited that I'm finally making it out there and will get to meet so many of you guys in person!

Stacey

2. Keep some of that cash in your boot for bail!! Sounds like a real good time is going to be had by all!! Have a great time.

3. hope you thanked your boss.

4. 54BOMB

54BOMB

So, are they hiring ?

5. chaddilac

chaddilac

let me know when you're single!!

6. leadsled01

leadsled01

What happens in Vegas, Stay's in Vegas!!

7. Silhouettes 57

Silhouettes 57

WOW!!! What a neat Christmas present..... Have Fun.

8. lulabelle

lulabelle

Verry cool,good for you!Have a blast!!

9. Armstrong

Armstrong

Women with money are HOT!!

10. Gumpa

Gumpa

Congratulations. All I can say is what ever company you work for really knows what you are worth and making sure you too know they recognize it.

11. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Car ladies are worth every cent and more, I know I am married to one.

12. shoebox72

shoebox72

You'll have a blast. Only been to VLV twice. Take a day or 2 longer to see the regular Vegas touristy stuff.

I'm glad to hear some companys still reward there employees for a job well done.

Billy

13. girls with extra money in vegas ... and want to blow it ..:)
    so sorry
    you have a vegas smile too
    paperdog

14. Yes, best ever, hands down. I've known Stacey and her family a long time, she's awesome....she puts her heart and sole into everything she does with great results......good on the Boss for noticing!!

15. go on you girls....my wife is top bird.....bought my A (on the road, running, all Brookville Steel, Blah Blah Blah..lets just say it took all our savings and some!) WITHOUT TELLING HER!!!!! and we are still married!!!!

16. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

sounds like the title should be best boss ever... sounds like he took care of you.. its super cool that you are willing to spend the bonus on a vacation that your man will really enjoy.

17. MercMan1951

MercMan1951

That is really cool! Congrats to your boss for appreciating you two (or being allowed to show his appreciation) and giving you the chance to hit VLV...

18. WOW.......................now that is a really cool boss man. Hope you enjoy or enjoyed VLV. We just got home last night from 5 days and nights on the Mexican Riviera south of Cancun. Had a great X-mas.

19. beegator

beegator

The President of the University of Florida gave HIMSELF a $260K bonus on top of his $600K salary. We got a pocket calendar. :mad:

20. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Shoot I might see you there, I don't know yet.

Best wives? The next door neighbor's.

21. Congratulations. Good story.

22. celibaterifle

celibaterifle
    from Australia

All my wife got as a bonus was a photo album - and she won't even let me fill it with hot rod photos.

23. buzzard

buzzard
    Alliance Member

That's really cool, but "best wives" titles are earned in Vegas.:D