Register now to get rid of these ads!

Best "Traditional Rod"[edit: Hot Rod] scene?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Gasr57, Apr 15, 2009.

1. Gasr57

Gasr57
    from Ohio

What city or general area has the best "Traditional Rod"[edit:Hot Rod] scene? (cruise in's, shows, cool hang outs, ect.)

Last edited: Apr 15, 2009
  2. Special Ed

Special Ed

Uh oh. This smells like a set-up for the traditional police....

3. rick finch

rick finch

Who is the judge?

4. martell06

martell06

how about which cities have really good hot rod scenes?

5. Gasr57

Gasr57
    from Ohio

Just thinkin about some possible vacation plans. Some place to meet some cool people and see some cool cars.

6. It all depends on when you go...this weekend, I would say..Austin Texas!

7. buckeye_01

buckeye_01

I'm actually thinking it will turn into a left coast, right coast thing.

8. solid

solid

Brown county, ohio.;) i have grown up(sorta)with the mind set that everyone in so-cal surfs, and drives a hot rod. I hope with all my little heart this is true, or i'm going to be really bummed out when me, and my old lady go there for vacation this fall. I plan on cruizin around a little late that first night, and getting in a street race in my rental car.

9. rick finch

rick finch

Yup, Austin, Santa Maria, Ventura, Antioch (Billetproof), and the best show of all Bonneville.

10. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Islamabad Afghanistan, last time I was there they were so 'Old School' they were using a donkey and cart!

11. Gasr57

Gasr57
    from Ohio

Solid I think you might be a little biased. I hear your one them BC/HC. I hear those guys are barred from Tenn. for life.

12. rick finch

rick finch

He didn't want old school..........he wanted traditional! I think camels are more old school, but I could be wrong!:D

13. i dont think you can narrow it down to just one city. i think the best traditional hot rod scene would be right here on the HAMB

14. solid

solid

Not for life. Just until we pay for the damages.:D

please support your local hell cat.

15. Mr Haney

Mr Haney

cleveland ohio

16. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

The real deal is the one near who's looking and enjoys him self,all other places are just some were eles:cool::D

17. booboo

booboo
    1. oHIo

this may sound really crazy but how about reynoldsburg ohio for a great traditional hang out. why you ask ,well traddtional to me means a place that all around knows of and can depend on ,no matter what , to see hear and meet gear heads of all kinds.
    it all started when i was say 8 or so, that was 1978, and freinds of my parents an them started to hang out at a small strip mall next to a dairy queen on friday or saturdy nights for fun. long before cruis ins started.
    now added to the shopping center is a jegs retail store and we still hang out there every friday and saturday night all sumer long.
    hows that for traddtional. try 30 years of parking and bech racing in one location ......

18. Gasr57

Gasr57
    from Ohio

Tomcantdoit. That would be cool. HAMBVILLE, USA If you build it they will come.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2009
  19. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Easy... Sawyer Ranch... Dripping Springs, Tx USA. Within 5 blocks of my house, there are 5 pretty damn cool cars. Within 4 miles there are 10... Out of those 10, I believe 3 are TRJ cover cars.

Per capita, we got it locked down pretty tight.

Austin is a close second. :)

Course, I'm biased.

20. solid

solid

you even have the stats nailed. I cant compete with that.

21. Gasr57

Gasr57
    from Ohio

I really need to get down to Texas.

22. bigds54

bigds54
    from Sun Valley

Although I am from the west coast, Sun Valley, CA. I gotta say El Paso Texas. the logic?? the city where more shows are accesible wouldnt be the one where the shows take place but where you have most access to more of them, it sucks when youre stationed there because of the restrictions on your travel and no time, but its about halfway between l.a. and austin, close enough to drive to vegas the only thing is your assed out on east coast shows

23. Special Ed

Special Ed

Don't mess with Texas....

24. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

Hot rodding in Austin is amazing. My car is not even on the road yet, but so far this week I've ridden shotgun in Live Wire while watching Jesse James nearly put his Model A sedan sideways while passing MR. FORD on our way to get awesome burritos. I love it here.

25. Kustoms ?? Los Angeles Game Over

26. Muttley

Muttley

I can tell you it's not Fresno.

27. tshirt_tony

tshirt_tony
    from UK

Close Guys, but no coconut.

The UK has The Hayride, The Flathead Meltdown, a whole bunch of reliability runs, The Ace Cafe, The Hot Rod Drags, Brooklands and loads more.
    If we move off our tiny island, the whole of Europe is at it as well.
    Bottrop and Hot Heads East in Germany, Helsinki shows just finished, 'A' Bombers yet to come, SINS show next week in Belgium....

Sorry guys, Europe's where its at.

Get a map and buy a plane ticket.:)

Discuss,
    No weapons.

28. L.A. But don't take my word for it, take a look at the endless event coverage threads and you'll notice all the good ones are in the L.A. basin. Even just little get togethers are interesting.

I am a little lerry of what by mean by 'scene' though.

29. Gasr57

Gasr57
    from Ohio

Thanks for the scoop on some local scenes. Any info from anywhere would be great. Keep it coming. Southeastern Ohio is pretty cool lots of cool cars, cool people, good local bands, a few good shows, and cruise ins. The weather here sucks for a big part of the year is a big draw back though. So far it sounds like I need to add Texas and So. Cal. to the next places to see list. Any others I should add?

30. KooDaddy

KooDaddy
    from Wis.

Not if they got double hump heads :D