Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Best sound deadener

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by noyo55, May 29, 2015.

1. The jury is still out on my Fat Mat, have yet to drive the car far. Bought at Amazon, best price around. I used a 50 SF package and maybe 1/3 of another 50 SF roll to do the inside of the roof.

2. Thrift-King

Thrift-King

Another poor boy way for the floor is the Tin Roof Repair rolls as Lowe's/Home Depot. A little thinner than Dynamat, but effectively the same material and is designed to be in the weather. Worked great in my OT pickup some years ago. Going to use it again in the 53 once it actually has a floor to stick it to.

Sent from a Glade Air Freshener

3. EW_

EW_
    from DFW

Stinger Roadkill products are a very high quality, affordable alternative to Dynamat. The Roadkill Expert is similar to Dynamat Xtreme and will remain adhered when installed vertically or upside down. Many lesser brands will release from the panel especially in high heat. Asphalt deadeners are seriously inferior in adhesion and sound deadening capabilities compared to butyl/aluminum products. Stinger also offers a MLV product called Carpet Pad which works great as well.