Register now to get rid of these ads!

Best repop 40 Ford PU bed?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by metalman, Aug 18, 2013.

1. metalman

metalman

Did a search but found nothing. I need to buy a new bed for my 40, my body guy says due to time factors and labor cost it isn't worth fixing my rusty, beat one. Where is the best place to get it? Price isn't a factor as much as quality and it's got to look original. I also don't want/ can't wait months for it to show up.

2. aaggie

aaggie
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It may not help much but there was a place in Oklahoma that made a real nice one. They sold all panels or a complete unit and it was as original as the one Henry built. Good luck.

3. couverkid

couverkid

northern classic trucks. it is better than macs by far.

4. Try Mack Products out of Moberly, MO. They have a quality product. Not to be confused with Mac's Antique Auto Parts.

http://mack-products.com/

5. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Have used Macks and was really satisfied with the quality and service.

6. slobroy

slobroy

I bought a Northern Classic Trucks repop. Glad I did. I put mine together. You can buy them all ready assembled for a price. They also have the running boards. I bought a set of those too. Good quality, you won't be disappointed.

7. luckystiff

luckystiff

http://www.pros-pick.com/pickupbeds.html

make a very nice product. not the cheapest for sure but can pretty much pay the difference in time saved with the less finish work needed due to their quality. we became a dealer a little while ago based off a customer inquiry. i can offer their stuff a little cheaper than direct through them if interested...ken....

8. metalman

metalman

Thanks for the info guys. Luckystiff, I've looked at Pro's Pick website. My concern is they say their replacement panels fit only their bed and thier pictures don't really show a 40 bed, do they at least look original? (raised panel in sides, proper pockets, ect?
    Slobroy, Northern's web page says they no longer offer assembled beds, no big deal, I'm sure we can put it together, I've been on the fence weather to buy it assembled or not.

9. metalman

metalman

Anyone have info on the place in Oklahoma? That's close enough I might could run over and pick it up cheaper then shipping.

10. 1great40

1great40
    from Walpole MA

[​IMG]
    This x10 I bought my 40 bed from him, it's perfect! as far as I can tell they didn't miss a single detail and it was very straight too. I touched up and block sanded the angled bed rails so that you couldn't see the spot welds but other than that and a little massaging on the lower bed sides, this thing was straight and flat, no die marks etc. Todd is great to deal with too.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 18, 2013
  11. krylon32

krylon32
    Alliance Vendor
    from Nebraska

Don't cut corners if you are doing a quality rebuild, spend your money at Macks in Missouri.

12. I'd guess they're talking about http://www.mar-k.com/

I work just up the street from them. No experience with their older bed stuff, have installed a few of the roll pans on later stuff...seem to be well built and heavy gauge steel

I don't see anything for a 40, though

13. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

I'm going with North American Classic for the '40 I have in progress.

14. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is the Mack Products bed I used on my '32. I did use a '35-'36 tailgate though. As I said earlier it came from Mack Products in Missouri. The quality was excellent.

15. Try mack-products.com. :D

16. I purchased a tailgate and lower panel from northern for my 38 and I think he supplies everyone else. Fit like a glove and great folks. They would be my choice.

17. luckystiff

luckystiff

join their forums and look through the gallery stuff on there. thats what the guy suggested when i was looking at their stuff for the customer who had inquired with us about them. the shop owners checked out their stuff at nsra nats a few weeks ago and said it truly was nicer than most out there....ken....

18. ntxcustoms

ntxcustoms
    from dfw

Northern Classic Trucks