Register now to get rid of these ads!

Best Quality Holley and SBC Valve cover re-usable Gaskets ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by awsomeears, Jul 21, 2013.

1. awsomeears

awsomeears

Time for some tunnel ram tuning !!!

With that in mind Ive had my carbs apart twice, once to find out what the hell was in in and another to change the power valve. And these gaskets probably won't hold up and will tear the next time.

There are a few brands out there but what have you had good luck with, $ is not a issue for these parts, same goes for valve cover gaskets.

Summit seems to sell the rubber style that has a full steel construction for valve cover gaskets ?

Thanks !

2. mustang6147

mustang6147
    from Kent, Ohio

Holley Blue gaskets, and normally I adjust the valves, and that's it.... How many times do you have to take off the valve covers? That would be a real pain in the but !

3. tfeverfred

tfeverfred

I've had great luck with cork valve cover gaskets. I use silicon gasket sealant to attach them to the cover and they stay on, even after repeatedly removing and replacing them. I have about 6 sets and swap around sometimes.

I have a set of the plastic valve cover gaskets, but I have never had to use them. I keep them for a back up. No idea how they'd seal.

No info on the Holley.

4. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Holley blue gaskets as said and you can use some chap stick on the gaskets so thay wont stick.

Register now to get rid of these ads!

5. Deuces

Deuces
    from Michigan

...... Or even candle wax...
    I have both brands... Holley blue gaskets and the red ones from Demon carbs... Both are GREAT!