Register now to get rid of these ads!

Best place to buy white wall tires

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 53vicky, Mar 15, 2011.

1. Ok guys, got a pair of steel wheels to make my car totally hamb friendly and now looking for some good deals on bias play white walls.

anyone have some good advice on where to get the best deals???

thanks

Luke

2. Join the Alliance then buy 'em from Coker.

3. roddin-shack

roddin-shack

TIMES -2- That way you support the Hamb and get a discount on your tires.;)

4. yblock292

yblock292

x3 on coker and buy the white wall warranty! Its well worth the extra bucks, have used it twice. Hassle free protection on the whites.

5. how good of a discount do you get thru coker?
    they dont really have a set % said

6. ....keep in mind im a college kid who just wants a set of tires for my steelies to get into the more traditional shows with no worries, like midnight mass and billitproof

7. Skankin' Rat Fink

Skankin' Rat Fink
    from NYC

Not sure how much the Alliance discount is, but Coker makes great tires.

8. yeah thats where i got the tires im running now,
    i was just curious if there were any places that have some good deals going

9. retro54

retro54
    from PA

Universal Tire, located in near Hershey, PA. I've been running their Universal Brand of Bias Ply for 11 years and have had no problems at all.

Of course, I'm all about supporting my local vendors, being a central PA resident and all.

Photos of the tires on the car.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. TexasHardcore

TexasHardcore
    from Austin-ish

I renewed my Alliance membership ($50) in hopes to save a chunk of change from Coker. For their cheaper radial wide whitewalls, I save less than $100 with the Alliance discount. Thats not bad. I did some searching around on here and read alot of negative comments about the quality of Coker tires. How they never balance right, whitewalls turn yellow, and how they come apart, but for every negative comment was a positive comment.

I also looked into Diamond Back tires. They aren't Alliance vendors, but their catalog prices on brand new off the shelf radials with the vulcanized whitewalls beat the Alliance discounted Coker price. So I did my research on them. HAMBer "hotrodladycrusr" wrote an interesting thread about how happy she was with her Diamond Back tires and that Olds of hers gets alot of miles put on it. That gave me some peace of mind because I drive my truck everywhere and spend alot of time on the highway. 40,000 mile/3 year warranty Cooper Trendsetter SE tires...hard to beat. For $24 more per tire you can get the Michelins. So, I spoke to James at DB Tires, thought about it for a bit, then a week later I spoke with Tab (owner's son) at DB Tires. Tab offered up such a smoking deal I couldn't refuse. He said 2 weeks for delivery and they showed up in less than 2 weeks. They are sitting in the garage now and I'm about to go have them mounted up right now.

11. RustyNCA

RustyNCA

I been running the Diamond Back tires on our 65 tbird for four years now I think. They run nice and true, the white walls have stayed just a white today as the day we mounted them, and they clean up well.

I would buy from them again.......

[​IMG]

12. chillywilly

chillywilly

lucas tire in Long Beach and there's another tire shop in Long Beach off Cherry that I forgot the name of oh man tip of my tongue............Performance tire!!!! Good prices on the Denmans or Candy Classics but also carry (or carried) Firestones

13. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

I've only had two Cokers in my life (14" radials)...both leaked at the whitewall where it mounted to the rim...one whitewall bubbled...but the tread is still good, FWIW.

I've had four sets (of 4 tires) of Diamondbacks on four different cars...I cannot sing their praises enough...their tires hardly need balancing, the whitewalls stay exceptionally white and they never leak where they aren't supposed to. I just purchased two more for the front of my Cadillac...when I ordered them, they told me they were three weeks out...I had them in less than two weeks...I wouldn't buy any other brand of whitewall.

R-

14. Big Mac

Big Mac
    1. Utah HAMBers

X3 on the alliance membership and the Coker discount. I've bought 2 sets of white walls from coker and you can get a great warranty on them that even covers "scuffing" the white walls.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2011
  15. hellbilly1932

hellbilly1932
    from San Diego

I buy mine from performance tire! Good price and fast shipping. I run G78 Bias white walls on my F100

16. yeah i was looking at the coker bias plays, i was also looking at the firestone bias plys on widewhitetires.com. i see alot of those on cars at shows and they look pretty good and durable

17. I have Firestone 6.70 x 15 bias from Coker.
    The whites get white & stay that way.
    No problems. I do use tubes in them due to the wheels.

[​IMG]

18. bodymanmp

bodymanmp

got my cokers from jegs
    no tax
    i think shipping was $14 bucks for all 4 tires
    no problems
    and cheaper than if i got them from cokers
    check it out

19. cjmac

cjmac

the Whitewall Candy Store helped me find some odd sizes.

20. big bad john

big bad john

.......Have diamondbacks for 3 years ....great tires with no problems....white walls still look new

21. hotrod_32

hotrod_32

Diamond backs ! Only way to fly. And there round ! Not like coker's.

22. how much did four diamond backs cost you guys? I'm comparing brands & prices right now for radial whites

23. Toptinman

Toptinman

I've been running Cokers for a couple of years now. Been to Viva and back on them and planning on going again on them. No problem what so ever. The white walls are good as new and no leaks. Thought about running Diamond Backs on the wagon at first but I was under the gun to get some whitewalls before an upcoming show. It was gonna take a couple of weeks to ship the Diamond Backs but I got the Cokers in three days shipped to the door. Made the deadline for the show. Not disappointed in my decision at all.

24. low-n-slo54

low-n-slo54

Luigi's Casa de La Tires. But seriously, I hear Corky Coker sells some every now and then.

25. Luke I always thought your car would look badass with Firestone 6.70 - 15's from Coker Tire. They are great tires and you get what you pay for. Look at Alex Gambino's "Fuck You '54", he is running them and that car has been to every show with them on all over California, Viva, and even to Austin. I bought some for my car but still have not got around to putting them on yet.

26. Cokers on my sled and DB on my truck. No comparison. I'll never buy Cokers again.

27. Harris

Harris

I was looking to buy wheels / tires last month, went to Coker based on price and previous purchase, but couldn't afford to buy from them due to the shipping, don't know what's happened, but $150 to ship four wheels/tires seemed a bit out of line when compared to $50 from jegs or summit. Hell, some places were offering FREE shipping.

Just something to keep in mind.

28. BrandonB

BrandonB
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from nor cal

www.universaltire.com

29. Chevy54

Chevy54
    from Orange, CA

I have been looking into the Diamond backs myself, Texas Hardcore made me lean abit more towards them after his post too. I have radial Cokers on my 54 and made the mistake of getting them early in my many year build and now they are out of round. Steve (ElPolacko) from Industrial Chassis found them out of round when he had my car last fall. Id buy another set now that im using them on a regular basis but price is def a issue between the DB s and the Cokers.

30. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

I run denman classics from Lucas classic tire in long beach they supply large white wall widths and they had them shipped To my door the next day way cheaper and faster than Coker and better quality