Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Best Dry Lake Styled 1927 T roadster built in 60 years!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jimmy B, Dec 27, 2010.

1. This roadster has all the elements of the great dry lake roadsters of the late 40s, early 50s.

I have seen pics of this in various states over a few years. Someone posted pics from a garage tour 18 months to 2 years ago at a place I think was John Mumford's, it was being stored on a mezzanine floor anyone have those pics?.

It is now at Brizio Street Rods and the V8-60 Ardun is apparently being replaced with a Drake/Offy 4. Personally I think the V8-60 Ardun was a better engine choice.
    [​IMG]

Does anyone have more info on this project? Or more pics?

EVL401 and volvobrynk like this.
  2. chaddilac

chaddilac

3. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I like even in it's build state the hub caps are clocked!!! That really looks like a true representation of what you seen in the hey day.

4. -Brent-

-Brent-

Wow, is right Chad. Man, save for the headlights, it's perfect.

5. I saw that car at Brizios in April a week before the above pic was taken. I did not capture any detail pics of the car.
    I didn't see any project pics on their website.

What a beautiful car.

6. That's awesome.

7. daddio211

daddio211

Mmmmmmmm...... inspiration! Yummy! Now I need to get going on my 27 roadster!

8. gasheat

gasheat
    from Dallas

It doesn't have a timing tag. I like mine better.

Attached Files:

9. FC49

FC49

Wow! There weren't many Ardun heads made for the Sixty block, were there? Were they made strictly for racing, or what?

Frank C.

10. Yours looks(functional!- I'm tall).

I'm diggin' the work table it sits on. Is it sitting on little cups, or wheels?

Last edited: Dec 27, 2010
  11. Stovebolt

Stovebolt

I agree it's a bitchin roadster, but I feel a's though the offy is NOT the best choice of engines.

A Ford V8 or banger would be better

12. The37Kid

The37Kid

I think they may have made 24 sets, there are about 6 sets around today that I know of. Sure wish I had the set I had years ago.:rolleyes:

13. 345winder

345winder
    BANNED

are those 4.25/4.50s on the front or 5.00's? just curious

14. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

They look like 5.50's up front. There's not too much difference from the back. I bet the back are 7.00 as that's what was most popular in the 40's. Up front 6.00's I believe for the most popular.

15. 345winder

345winder
    BANNED

im running 7.50's on the rear and 6.00's on the front of my 34,but want something smaller up front(,dont want 5.50's)like the look of the T roadsters tires.. thats why i asked,but thanks for the history lesson:rolleyes:

16. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Sorry dude. I just thought I would use a process of elimination to decipher the size of the tires. I could be completely way off but I figure since Brizio is doing the car and they go to great lengths to make sure shit is correct that by using what others have told me about tire sizes during that time. Next time I'll make sure I just keep my mouth shut since I'm in no position to be giving history lessons.

17. rodncustom

rodncustom

Here is an exert from an email conversation that I had with John about the car..."It was a car owned by racer Kelly Brown. I am building a V8 60 Ardun for it. Target LAGNRS."

I do have pictures of it when it was upstairs being stored. I'll see if I can find them for you.

18. Beautiful roadster But.........
    I have to go with the real thing.
    1951- 178 Miles per hr.
    Alex Xydias said that it went in the 190's but they wouldn't allow it because the body had been narrowed slightly.
    Frank Morawski's Spade Carillo Roadster featured at Pebble Beach this year.
    [​IMG]

19. flyin flattie

flyin flattie
    from Redmond OR

here are some more pictures

Attached Files:

20. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Great looking Roadster!!

A simple phone call to Brizio's (tomorrow ) would produce the correct answer to the question.... no guesses, as you have posted, right?

Malcolm

21. They could be 500/525 or 550 there is only 1/2" difference in height the rears look like 700.

I would appreciate if you could post. Is John on the HAMB?

Thank You!

22. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Good thinking Nick! I really don't give a shit what size they are but if 345winder does I think that would be worth while for him to get the correct size.

On a separate note, it's nice to see a big shop like Brizio put out an authentic car and not have it a restoration. That translates to the guys that have the dollars to give to Brizio are even enjoying the attention that Traditional hot rods are getting. It's really turning out to be a well built roadster with the right proportions and some really cool parts!! I mean, leave it to a Brizio customer to pull a rare V860 Ardun for an Offy!! The only person that I can think would do something like that would be Bobby Green!

23. Brizio's is finishing the project, from what I have read Steve Davis did the bulk of the work including the track nose, belly pan.

24. moonlight graham

moonlight graham
    from wyo

Is that a Shadow Rods body? The inside area behind the seating area sure looks like the shadow body.

25. I believe it is an original body.

Anyone else have info or photos?

26. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

I just have to ask... what is rarer, the Ardun or the Offy mentioned above? Which is more expensive? I'd really like to know how much these rare engines cost these days. While the obvious answer is that if I have to ask I don't have the money, that is... just obvious. Anyone REALLY know?

Nice car, too! Gary

27. lehr

lehr

Nice avatar Doc !

Pat

28. SuperFleye

SuperFleye
    Alliance Vendor

wow wow wow...that is awesome! I just hope it wouldn't be too perfect and "polished"...

29. sledbuilder

sledbuilder

30. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Thanx... and wow. Gary