Register now to get rid of these ads!

Best comment ever at a show

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by plym_46, Sep 12, 2011.

1. rld14

rld14

Keep up the good work :)

2. boogeracng

boogeracng
    from Eureka,MO

A couple of the tracks where my group appears does an on track meet and greet after the program ends. It really draws the spectators from the stands. Without fail, the younger ones (9-13/14 year olds, both boys and girls) are nearly always looking in and under the cars. Open the door, they are hesitant at first, but with a bit of encouragement, step up for a better look. Offer them a chance to sit behind the wheel, and it's like they just opened a sought after/dreamed of gift on Christmas morning.....smile from ear to ear, either being speechless or they run off at the mouth. And typically mom and/or dad have the same response. It's a hoot to watch the expressions and to hear the comments. They are so respectful and appreciative.......

3. goose-em

goose-em
    from Louisiana

Old widower lives two houses up from me. He always seems to go for a walk on Saturday mornings and always stops by to see what I am getting done.

One day he tells me, "My brother and I had an old Ford back when we were in high school. We put a packard V-8 in it and got into a lot of trouble racing on the streets. Any chance I can go for a ride when you get it done?"

We call him pops and pops WILL get a ride!

4. BEAR

BEAR

thats funny you say that im not kid but im on my PS3 right now and on the HAMB and think about my 56

5. aircap

aircap

That's great, man! Good on ya!

6. capten icon

capten icon
    from Lodi

Awesome! I hope to do that when I get my Model T going. Guys like that is what keeps people on the pro-side of old cars and trucks.

7. HotRodToomer

HotRodToomer

Best thing for me was a dad and his boy were in the parts store parking lot looking over my car, as im walking back to it.
    Kid looked about 15, As he's looking it over I hear him say, "Think I could get something like this one day?" Dad kinda laughs and says, "Work hard, and you might get something like this when your MY age."
    Not trying to overstep the father or be rude, I simply stroll up with, "Well sir im 22, and It took some fighting, but I sure enjoy that car."
    Talked with them a while, gave them some good info on where to start, and what would be an easy route. Both of them left with a big smile and I sure hope they got something started by now.

8. Sheep Dip

Sheep Dip
    from Central Ca

I had to laugh at this one Don, I just did a little show at a local nursing home and it was very heart warming but sad at the same time to see the smiles that we brought to these great senior citizens and sad to see the physical and mental hurdles they have, we did get a free meal (hamburgers, fries and shakes) and they all got to vote for their favorite car, someone voted for the Model A...sadly there was no Model A but that someone had a fond memory of one and that is what counted..we brought back a memory or two.:):)

9. rednek

rednek
    from Daisy,OK

When I drove my rusty 55 to my weding my great-granny said "can't yall find him something better to drive".

10. RetroSpeed

RetroSpeed

I was actually driving to an event when a man on a bicycle turned to look at my bagged '63 Ranchero and plowed into a parked car. I stopped to make sure he was okay and all he could say was, "Damn that's a nice truck!"

Best compliment I ever received for a truck that I stupidly sold before putting in the appropriate amount of drive time.