Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Best 1932 ford radiator for small block chevy

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by vintagekart2, Jul 18, 2021.

1. vintagekart2

vintagekart2

What’s the best radiator to use in a 1932 Ford deuce coupe build with small block chevy? I’ve tried 2 aluminum radiators, 1 medium price, one upper price, both fit crappy, too tight at top on one, 1 tight all over and both crappy mounting tabs, both didn’t seem to work well adjusting grill shell to hood. Would use a Walker but they are no longer and can’t find one.

2. woodiewagon46

woodiewagon46
    from New York

I know Walker Radiator has closed their doors, but I have been using a Walker for over 20 years on my Deuce roadster with no problems. Alan Johnson's Rod Shop has purchased all of Walkers inventory, but it's going to take time for them to tool up. You might be able to find a '32 Walker radiator on some vendors shelf somewhere.

3. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

Always used Walker on dozens of deuce builds, but with the new Johnson's Radiator Works not up and running I would turn to Brassworks. I have also used several of their radiators in deuces and they fit good. I currently have a Brassworks German silver radiator in my Henry deuce roadster with a Henry shell and it fits really good.

4. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

One for a BBC…..

5. Canuck

Canuck

Model A with a 425 Buick Nailhead. Used a "US Radiator" with internal trans cooler. Size and shape was a exact match for original Ford rad. Never got around to installing a shroud, used a 17" six blade manual fan. Cooled great and held 180 degrees in slow traffic at 85 degrees out, with or without hood sides, highways were no problem. Side frame was a slightly lighter gauge of metal, but did not appear to give any problem, even on Manitoba roads. I would recommend them as a quality product.

6. 19Eddy30

19Eddy30
    from VA

walker was purchased by Johnson Family down south , Alabama Mississippi ? Cooper /Brass cools better then Aluminum, most people use a aluminum radiator for the wrong reasons , it's for weight saving,
    They are making copper Rads Same tooling , A friend of mine just received his about a month ago and he has had over 25 1932 fords , He said Radiator is the same quality when walker was making them , you all so have Brassworks in Cal & US radiators which is also located in the south

7. Deuce Lover

Deuce Lover

Don't know if they are still in business but I got mine from US Radiators in Los Angeles 25 yrs ago.

8. MCPO

MCPO

9. A Boner

A Boner

Too bad you don’t live closer…have a SBC Walker, never used and still in the box!

10. Dino 64

Dino 64
    from Virginia

11. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Too bad Steve Long (Indy) is no longer in business, he made an extremely high quality radiator, I don't know about the best but this was the heaviest radiator I've ever handled.

20180318_144949.jpg

12. Johnson’s bought Walkers tooling
    CG&J heat transfer/Brice Thomas bought US Radiator.
    Both in a Gadsden Al.
    I toured the aluminum radiator plant at Brice Thomas on Wednesday. Impressive hand built process.
    Visited Johnson’s Rod Shop the same day. But didn’t get the check out the radiator division.

13. Seen one from Brice Thomas in a 39 Ford and was a super nice fit. It was aluminum

14. Hope Johnson's can start shipping soon, I prefer copper/brass radiators, plus they are traditional!:D HRP