Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Bertolucci Maroon?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by pimpin paint, Mar 11, 2009.

1. pimpin paint

pimpin paint
    from so cal

Hey,

Another long shot, but if anyone would know, it would be someone from this outfit-

Does anyone know if the Maroon Dick used on his early kustoms, the maroon, was a factory pack, or something he mix up , special?

Thanx,

Swankey Devils c.C.
    " Spending A Nation into Generational Debt Is Not An Act Of Compassion !"

2. Kiwi Tinbender

Kiwi Tinbender

He was telling the Story at the GNRS Hall of Fame Lunch about building the roof section on the Ohanesian Merc and I think I remember him saying that it was a bitch to match the paint as Westergard had sprayed it previously....not sure though as I was a bit overwhelmed to even be in the same room as alot of my heroes....

3. Jarzenhotrods

Jarzenhotrods
    from .......

I had a conversation with Rikster about the paint I was looking for on the Betancourt Merc..Rik said it was a 1948 Chevy Oxford Maroon with gold powder mixed in...I hope this helps..i will include the thread link where i think it was mentioned...

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=296614

Last edited: Mar 12, 2009
  4. pimpin paint

pimpin paint
    from so cal

5. banditomerc

banditomerc

Where can i see a picture of that car wearing that exact paint,sound like a color i may consider.Looking for a deep deep maroon,sort of pearlish?

6. Stovebolt

Stovebolt

here:) is where you'll find the color, and maybe the car :eek:

search here for coverage of the 2010 LA Roadster show, and somewhere in all those threads you will find Pat Swanson's 12 port Chev powered 32 5 window. That will be as close as you can get to a color sample.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2010
  7. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Damnit Johnny!!! I wanted to sound smart!:D:D:D

8. pimpin paint

pimpin paint
    from so cal

Hey David,
    Both Ford, on their trucks, and Jaguar on their XJ Sedans in the 70s & 80s had a deep Maroon colour. You could go a two stage route & add a slight amount of pearl to your base clear. A heavy pearl on a kustom will give it that sad & sorry dreded plastic "street rod'' look!

" Beware the irrational however seductive "