Register now to get rid of these ads!

Bendix Zenith Carburetor?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by GarageKustomsMagazine, Nov 27, 2012.

1. I have two bendix Zenith single barrel carburetors.
    I have not been able to find any information on them, the only thing I know about it, is I got both of them off of two old forklifts.
    They resemble Strombergs, or holley 94 kind of the same general look, are these some carbs I can put on double/tri carb set up?

1shot

2. carbking

carbking

You are going to put a double/tri carb set up on a fork lift??? ;)

Seriously, carburetors designed for industrial use, as a general rule, require major modifications to put them in an automotive environment. Generally, there are carburetors to start with which are much easier/cheaper to modify.

Without knowing the identification numbers of the carburetors, the general answer above is about all I could suggest.

Jon.

3. oldebob

oldebob
    from Spokane WA

I'm running two on the 6 cyl in my T. Cal Bill Fisher recomended them years ago in his book. Jon is right on needing an ID as they were very universal on orpfan trucks & equip . They are very tuneable with removable venturies ect. I belive mine were used on '54 GMC pickups.Dare to be different.

4. carbking

carbking

The truck carburetors are much easier to setup than the industrial versions.

Jon.

5. Ok thanks for the info i'll get a number off of it.
    I know they come off of 6 cylinder engines.

And no I am looking to put the them on a car lol.

1shot

6. silversink

silversink

the whole key to identifying a Zenith is the number on the little round tag on top of the fuel bowl. The rebuild kits are still avail. on the Internet, the ones I have dealt with were on old International trucks.
    Between a carter1 barrel and a zenith I would take the zenith every time---very tunable

7. Ok thanks for the information, I got it mostly cleaned off now, will post numbers tommorow.

1shot