Register now to get rid of these ads!

benchtop sandblast cabinet parts

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 85-percent, Jan 22, 2006.

1. 85-percent

85-percent

2. LUX BLUE

LUX BLUE
    Alliance Vendor
    from AUSTIN,TX

Good news and bad news...
    #1. the glass will ALWAYS get fuckered up.
    #2 go to home depot and get 3 panes cut (of their "el cheapo" window glass)
    should cost about 15 bucks. install all 3 and remove the innermost peice when you find yourself doin' the "sandblaster lean" (so you can look through the lower right hand portion of the glass which for some reason never gets as bad as the rest of it...

oh yeah. the clear plastic liners suck for the blaster, but make great bird cage liners.

3. stratocaster

stratocaster

I use lexan.I get scraps from a plastics business. -Strat.

4. Harbor Freight sells stick-on clear plastic sheets. I put one on inside, and outside, replace when needed.

5. leon renaud

leon renaud
    from N.E. Ct.

contact " Tip " company they sell anything you need for your blast cabinet. You can get thin lexan sheeting or rolls of this material to use under your glass it will work just fine been using it for 4 years with no problems DO NOT use plain window glass, use safety glass regular house window glass can shatter in a blast cabinet and your face is usualy right there.

6. Automotive Stud

Automotive Stud

I use the clear film you put on the inside of the glass. If you wipe it off after every use it seems to help make it last a little longer. I want a light inside mine, anyone see those anywhere? :confused:

7. my TIP cabinet has a light inside. when i bought the unit it was an option , so i'm sure they would sell it separetely

8. 85-percent

85-percent

thanks for all the input

85% Jimmy

9. Paul2748

Paul2748

I got a light from Harbor freight and adapted to my cabinet, a el cheapo one

10. Paul2748

Paul2748

I get regular window glass from a hardware store, cost about 4 bucks. Just keeping changing it when it gets buggered. I get three or so at a time so I have some on hand. I use regular window glass, cut to size. Never had a problem with it unless I hit the glass with what I'm blasting

11. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Most hardware stores do storm door and window screen replacement. they will cut you a piece of lexan for a couple of bucks. I put a piece of window screen over the back side (just wrap it around the edge and trim with a little overlap). The screen deflects about 85% of the blast and your plexiglass lasts a lot longer. The screen is almost invisible when your using the blast cabinet, you'll hardly know it's there.

Frank