Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Ben Dover antique auto parts (a cautionary story)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by slack, May 31, 2017.

1. 5window

5window

Kudos to Summit-good to know. You could helped the cause by sending the incorrect parts back. Just another way of thinking about things. They did tell you to keep them, I know, but still... just sayin'

2. Lebowski

Lebowski
    BANNED

How do you know that that would have "helped the cause?" A lot of companies refuse to accept returns of electrical parts for any reason. I've sold over 30,000 items on Ebay and if someone isn't happy with their purchase I just tell them to keep it and give them a full refund including shipping. I've done that several times over the last 17 years... :rolleyes:

Last edited: Jun 16, 2017
  3. There was a time when Ecklers was the go to place for parts. Ralph Eckler was frustrated with the parts availability and quality for old vettes, he had a '57, so he began reproducing his own out of his garage. Soon he did it full time for Corvette only parts and moved operations to Florida. When he retired, things went to shit. Then they bought Classic Chevy (I think) and drove it into the ground. Ralph passed away earlier this year.