Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Ben Dover antique auto parts (a cautionary story)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by slack, May 31, 2017.

1. 5window

5window

Not too many instances where you'll be first in traditional hotrodding? Kind of the antithesis of the who idea. Sad about MAC's becasee they used to be really good

2. slack

slack

Went to "privacy" and every box was checked so......?

3. If the "view your details on your profile page" is checked and says "All Visitors" there is nothing else you can do. PM a moderator, something is wrong.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  4. slack

slack

Got it squared away.........I think.o_O

5. Kiwi 4d

Kiwi 4d
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sorry slack , not quite squared away yet, says Hamb error.
    But I 100% agree with your stance. had a buddy here today about to order some Model A stuff and he said Macs/Ecklers or Snyders , obvious choice Snyders.

6. Funrunr

Funrunr

I highly suggest you avoid Mac's gaskets and weather seals. Trunk or cowl vent wouldn't shut and other pieces didn't fit. Haven't been back since.

7. I've been restoring Model T's for over 15 years and participate regularly in the MTFCA forum. Mac's is the lowest-rated Model T parts supplier. Google "MTFCA Mac's" for an earful from unhappy past customers.

slack likes this.
  8. Torana68

Torana68
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Australia

I use Snyders , you use?

9. Tajer

Tajer

Looks like Snyders it is !!

10. 5window

5window

You know, it's just sad. 15 years ago, Mac's had pretty good stuff for the time, reasonable pricing and reasonable shipping costs. They were friendly, quick to respond and would bring whatever you needed to a show they were attending for free. I got bumpers and a cowl band-difficult things to ship-delivered that way. All in all, a good place to order from.
    I assume that Eckler's bought this business because it was successful. And yet, they decided to change the successful business model for something that's just crap-and they're such great business people that they don't realize that will finish the business. As I said, sad.

54vicky likes this.
  11. slack

slack

UPDATE: I went to the bank last Thurs. (for 30 min.) to file a dispute in an attempt to get my money back. The strange thing is that over the weekend (Sun.) Someone purchased a train ticket using my account information, IN ITALY :rolleyes: so I had to make another 30 minute excursion to the bank again today. I had a feeling something like that might "happen" so I had very little in my account :cool:. In all the years I have done business on the net, I have never had an issue. Coincidence? I think not. More likely retaliation for exposing them. At this point, I would put nothing past these miscreants, up to and including, posting my account information on the web.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2017
  12. 5window

5window

Clearly you are just a trouble-maker. Good thing you paid with a card. I'm not sure just how your data was compromised, but it is a good thing you checked.

13. slack

slack

I think it's fixed now.

14. slack

slack

I think it's fixed now. I moved the post and the pics didn't follow for some reason.

15. slack

slack

Try it now.

16. slack

slack

I don't know how it was compromised but if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck.....blah, blah blah.

17. I just tried your profile would not show.

18. slack

slack

19. 5window

5window

works for me

20. Profile just worked for me also.

21. I buy 90% of my T parts from Lang's Old Car Parts. They are the premier Model T parts vendor. I buy some parts from Snyder's and others, but I prefer Lang's for most parts. Lang's deals only in Model T parts, so if you're shopping for Model A or V-8 parts, you'll need to shop elsewhere. That is probably why they are not well-known by folks on this board.

22. Torana68

Torana68
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Australia

Thanks, I have a "T" as well as the "A" so I'll look them up

23. Mac's is only good for one thing and that's to use their catalog for reference material. Order several since they are free and pass them out to your friends but tell them to NEVER order anything from it! I used to order from the original Mac's and they were great but the Eckler's scammers are taking them down the toilet. They did the same thing to Classic Chevy. I've had good luck with C&G Ford Parts. https://cgfordparts.com/

slack likes this.
  24. dave 62 pb

dave 62 pb

Ordered a rear window seal for the Edsel from MACS ebay store the listing stated LAST ONE so prompted me to buy it paid by paypal then waited a month no sign of item, other parts ordered from Rock auto and other suppliers arrived in meantime
    Contacted MACS who promptly replied saying sorry but item is out of stock for at least another month but valued my custom and is there anything else the can help with so by the time i was waiting for the seal to come into stock i found more parts were needed so contacted them again asking if I could purchase other items and combine postage + willing to pay a little extra ,they couldnt do that so i ordered the other parts somewhere else and still got them before the seal arrived from MACS
    I thought maybe i was unlucky that there was a mad rush for 59 Ford/Edsel rear window seals and had to wait until new batch came in as they surely wouldnt advertise a item that wasnt in stock on the upside their correspondence was good and i am a valued customer + i got a free catalogue

25. Speed~On

Speed~On

I've always used Snyders and had good luck with them. Shipping can be a bit spendy and sometimes the parts arrive within a few days....sometimes a week. Nonetheless, I would certainly purchase from them again. I have not heard many good reviews about MACs in quite some time.

26. Just Google "Eckler's sucks" and you'll see that even the Corvette guys hate them. They have a knack for destroying their business and getting their customers to hate them!

27. slack

slack

UPDATE: I just got my money back today. I had to jump through hoops at the bank to make these monkeys do the right thing. Now let's see, they had my money from 4/2 to 6/16. I guess my "interest" theory is more than a theory now. These scumbags should be shut down.

5window likes this.
  28. Hotrodmyk

Hotrodmyk
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Northwest HAMBers

I hate to keep beating this horse but have to agree about the service. I have bought TONS from Mac's for several Model A projects and my '34 pickup UNTIL they were absorbed by Ecklers. Shipping went sky high, got slow and no customer service. Too bad but check additional threads here. They don't care.

5window likes this.
  29. slack

slack

Wish I had known it prior to ordering from them. I will do a search here AND google the name of anyone I deal with in the future. It's a sad state of affairs when you can't trust an established company.

30. Lebowski

Lebowski
    BANNED

Last month I ordered a license plate light for my '65 Pontiac from Summit. A couple of days later I received a front parking lamp assembly for a '69 Camaro. I called them and they were very courteous and told me to keep it and they would send the license plate out by FedEx overnight. The next day I got a second front parking lamp assembly for a '69 Camaro. I called them again and they said keep it and they would leave a note for the order-puller person to physically look inside the box to make sure it was a license plate light. A couple of days later another box arrived and it contained the license plate light. Since I don't need two front parking lamp assemblies for a '69 Camaro I put them on Ebay and sold them for $57 plus $14.95 shipping so I actually came out ahead on the deal. I'm sorry to hear about your experience with Mac's but I have nothing but good things to say about Summit and I wanted everyone to know that...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Two-1969-Ch...ight-Housings-NEW-69-Chevy-Lamp-/201921618789

slack, warbird1 and 5window like this.