Register now to get rid of these ads!

Belt anchor point in wheel well?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by petebert, Mar 6, 2011.

1. petebert

petebert

Redoing the interior of a 4 door 52 lincoln. Putting 3 sets of lap belts in the rear.

Can I put the outer anchors into the wheel well? That gives me 21" from the outer to inner anchor. If I didn't use the wheel well, the anchor points would be pretty close together.

That's with me planning to use 4 anchors for 3 belts. If I used 6 anchors and crossed the belts over each other, I'd have plenty of space without using the wheel well I think.

The holes already there are for the seats. You can see the arm rest brace there to give you an idea of where the middle person would sit. I've got 4 kids so there will be 3 people sitting back there.

[​IMG]

2. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sure, just make sure that you back it up on the outside with a plate at least 3" in diameter, and good-and-thick (1/8" or thicker), and in this case, curved to fit the panel. This will help prevent it from tearing out the anchor bolt in the event of an accident.