Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Belly Tank Build, NZ.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 26 T Ford RPU, May 3, 2021.

1. Dave G in Gansevoort

Dave G in Gansevoort
    from Upstate NY

That's gonna leave a mark!

2. I made the before mentioned car show with the Belly Tank to show it off and it had a lot of interest, all positive and was interviewed by some guy and will do something in one of the local papers. Some who are following the build on line got to see it in person. Now back to working on it. JW
    [​IMG]

3. About to unload after the show, it got lots of looks out on the road. JW
    [​IMG]

4. [​IMG]
    Wanted to get a photo out on the hi-way but it was raining most of the way home so got it in my drive way...where it was nice and sunny. JW

Last edited: Nov 15, 2022
  5. Jeff34

Jeff34

Wait, you're in NZ. Isn't everything upside down there?

26 T Ford RPU likes this.
  6. Looks good. Is the unique trailer design about getting into the container?

7. It is, Andy. I built it four years ago to fit in a 20 ft container with my RPU on it but later for the Belly Tank also. JW

brEad, kadillackid and AndersF like this.
  8. No real updates this week. I'am checking the chassis and body mounts as when i put the top on to take it to the show there was a 3/8'' gap on the left side tapering from the front and ending by the engine. I have put several straight edges across the chassis and eye balled along the length and it's within 3mm ( just under 1/8'') so i will look at the mounts next as i need to sort the mating of the two halves so i can finally make a start on the firewall. More soon with photos. JW

AndersF and KiwiGlen like this.
  9. JamieUC

JamieUC
    from Swansea UK

Hi J W I haven't checked in for a bit but just had a good read through, looks like you've been busy, tank is coming along nicely. You must have a first race day in mind by now?

10. Thanks, Jamie. I have a date in February at a local bike sprint over a 1. 6 mile flat straight, this will be a test run only. I will get the engine going first and rebuild after i have tested the Tank. More progress soon. JW

brEad, AndersF, SR100 and 1 other person like this.
  11. As i mentioned earlier i had my pic taken with the Belly Tank by a small town reporter, well this is what transpired from that. That's my RPU in front and Mrs W's Turquoise O/T Mustang behind. World famous in small rural town, NZ:cool::rolleyes::) JW
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 26, 2022 at 1:03 AM
    brEad, AndersF, Dean Lowe and 2 others like this.
  12. Congrats on the local show!

13. Small update, I have removed most of the bolts holding the lower body section on and the top lines up rather well now, just a small bit to sort between the exhausts and rear axle. I welded the mounts on very early in the build and it wouldn't have taken much for things to move just a tad. The fix...some may be cut off and redone and others just weld the taped holes up and re drill. JW
    [​IMG]