Register now to get rid of these ads!

Being a Dad is Cool.......

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BAILEIGH INC, Apr 5, 2012.

1. gtbrain

gtbrain

[​IMG][/url][/IMG]

Yes it is. He could not make me any prouder. He is my garage partner and shares my love for anything with a motor or wheels.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  2. eric54chevy

eric54chevy
    from TEXAS!

This is an older picture but it is my absolute favorite of me and my son. I always get Dad when are going to get the hot rod running I want to go for a ride....The answer always seems to be soon son, soon

(These wheels are long gone, 1st thing to go when I got the car)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 9, 2012
  3. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I've already posted these before but what the hell! Best thing I ever did along with marrying my wife! Can't wait to have another.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. BAILEIGH INC

BAILEIGH INC
    Alliance Vendor

Great photography!

5. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Thanks man, we've got a lot of talented photog friends that have been capturing my son Memphis' growth. Can't believe he's only a couple months from being 2 years old!!!!

6. 51 Hemi J

51 Hemi J

Very Cool Shane! Im a Dad of 3 Boys and our current thing is Kart Racing. Eventually they will help me build my Henry J and other project I have. Our 6 year old does not race yet - he's the mechanic and pit Crew Chief! :cool:

My 8 Year Old Son

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My 14 Year Old Step-Son.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Of course, they are both #17 which was my Dad's old Stock Car racing number back in the day.

7. BAILEIGH INC

BAILEIGH INC
    Alliance Vendor

Here is our offering to the Pinewood Gods this year. Tonights the race, wish us luck!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. nali

nali

Nice lead V12 :p

9. CruiseOrDie

CruiseOrDie
    from Cincy, OH

I want to thank everyone who has posted in this thread. I've got another three weeks before my daughter is born, and this thread has made me look forward to it that much more. :)

10. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

You have NO idea how great it will be. It is like a switch flips and your life begins when you have your first one. One of the greatest parts of being a Dad is watching them learn from you and their Mom and start developing their own personalities.

I would come home from a bad day at work and would be greeted by the two of mine running down the stairs, happy to see me. It would turn the whole day around..............and I still have that same relationship (but since they are 41 they don't run down the stairs any more! :p)

Don

11. BAILEIGH INC

BAILEIGH INC
    Alliance Vendor

Today Justis (my 8 year old son) helped me change out the seats in the motorhome today, He did all the wrenching himself, socket, ratchet, extensions, allen wrenches, the whole 9 yards. I don't think I have seen him that excited and proud of himseld in a long time.

No Xbox game can touch that! Love ya buddy!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. hillbilly4008

hillbilly4008
    from Rome NY

My wife thinks I went a little too far with our son. Driving to my parents yesterday we had the radio on playing the usual boring crap. He says "I want hotrod music on!" My wife gives me that "oh my god, what have you done?" look. So I throw in the Chuck Berry CD, and my 3 year old son starts singing "Maybellene"

Fuckin' classic

13. eddyhartley

eddyhartley

That's one smart kid you have there and it's great to see a good father son relationship....seems like there are so few sometimes.

14. Mindover

Mindover
    from England

My two girls are almost grown now, the oldest is at university and the youngest is about to leave school (20 &15) I have dragged them 'round car shows and to my workshop all their lives but they don't have much interest in old cars. I don't care as long as we spend time together like in the photo taken last year when we were on vacation in Spain.
    I have wonderful memories of them growing up. The oldest has the sweetest nature and the youngest is really funny with constant one liners that have us all in fits of laughter.

David

Last edited: May 8, 2012
  15. BAILEIGH INC

BAILEIGH INC
    Alliance Vendor

Can't beat Thursday cruise night with my son justis

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

Attached Files:

16. Olds Dad

Olds Dad

As an "Olds Dad", I aptly named my girls after two of the prettiest Olds ever made - Holiday & Starfire.

My Holiday (6) tells me daily about the "cool car" she saw on the school bus -

My Starfire (2) talks about "daddy's cars" regularly.

At this stage, they both like them and are excited about them...the trick will be to keep them interested...regardless, best part about it is sharing it with them...

Attached Files:

17. chopper526

chopper526
    from Phila., PA

My avatar says it all.

18. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My daughter is 15 and loves horses but she works with me in the garage whenever I ask, without complaining. She helped me change out the motor mounts on my daily driver and has done a little bit of karting. She loves riding around in our older cars and I know she is looking forward to driving them. It's hard with her schedule but I try to make time everyday to talk to her and find out what's going on in her life. She still holds my hand when we walk around in public :)

19. This is a little long winded but I think it's worth reading....

My two boy's and I went to a little Mom and Pop Drag strip tucked away in the hills of Tennessee one night and as we drove in I saw this Cherry red 53 ford on a flatbed trailer parked in the pit area. I told my boy's "My Father had one like that when I was a Kid back in Texas but he sold it when I was a Teen" so we went over to look at it just to bring back memories since my Father had just passed away about a year earlier. The car was for sale so we talked to the guy who owned it and told him how my Father had one just like it only his was green. I told him I didn't have the money to buy it and wished him luck in selling it. As I went to shake his hand he asked me my name, I told him and he got the strangest look on his face, then said "You gotta see this" and went to the car and got two receipts from the glove box and handed them to me. The receipts were for a 6V battery; it wouldn't hold a charge and was returned for another. The receipts were signed by my Father, Raymond Sr. After 20 years, the car found me... Needless to say, I got the Money, did a little trading and got the car back. I'm doing all the thing with my boy's that My Father and I did with this car in my childhood. Talk about full circle.<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> <!-- vBulletin.register_control("vB_ProfilefieldEditor", "1"); //--> </SCRIPT>

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

My Father
    [​IMG]

20. ardyboy

ardyboy

Pic by Todd at Beaver Springs. Me and my boy

Attached Files:

21. STAGE III

STAGE III

This picture about says it all years ahead of time.

Fast forward about 8 years and my little girl is the one who WANTS to work on the cars and make suggestions and just like the sacked out days in the back seat the boys are asleep at the wheel on wanting to do anything on my old cars.

Not going to force them either.

She is allot prettier than them anyway ha ha

At least one out of three likes the classics:)

Attached Files:

22. Being a father is amazing. I am blessed with two daughters, 7 and 4 1/2. They love to help in the garage, and love to go for rides.

23. My son at 1 year old just over a year ago, checking out the side pipes for his 69 Corvette :)

[​IMG]

24. At a year old, flipping through Hot Rod

[​IMG]

25. Sitting in my dads 13 to 1 460 inch big block Camaro, that is being set up now ....

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 16, 2012
  26. lowpunk

lowpunk
    from berwyn, il

27. gearheadbill

gearheadbill

Maybe someone asked this before (haven't read all the posts) but do grandkids count?

Attached Files:

28. The_Hermit

The_Hermit
    from France

Yeah, i'm blessed with 2 great kids. Son to be 7 in a couple of months, daughter will be 4 tomorrow (we share a birthday).
    On Her b'day i plan to spend the day wrenching on my bike with my son, get a little shared time in. Then have a piece of the cake i baked this morning !

I love being a dad, even though they drive me nuts most days.

29. Sailor Mike

Sailor Mike
    from Indiana

Here's my little Carmen driving my 25 Dodge :) she's only 2 months old and already has the rodding itch!

Attached Files:

30. riseabove_xxx

riseabove_xxx
    from Michigan

Im 26 and I have a daughter due in about 2 weeks. Me and my wife are getting real excited. We both have a ton of tattoos and people are saying she will come out with tattoos all over her.
    Im going to teach her the way of the grease monkey.

Emma May Gibbs... shes going to take over the world!