Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration "Before I die,I want to.......(car related only PLEASE!)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bad Bob, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Rod Zombie

Rod Zombie
    from Florida

Have Angelina Jolie go for a road trip with me in my 50' Chevy.

2. bobj49f2

bobj49f2

Sell all my trucks and cars so I can spend all the money before my self centered sons can get their grubby hands on them.

3. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

Looks to me as though Bonneville is one of the most popular things on this list. I don't know about you guys and what you have going on but me and lots of people I know have been going for years. It's just a matter of deciding you are going. Work out the details as necessary. See you on the salt.

4. VooDoo Child 56

VooDoo Child 56
    from Jersey

I would like to have a motor with a real (671) blower on it. Big block Chevy or Hemi.

And at the other end of the the spectrum some type of high end sports car.

5. gofaster

gofaster
    from georgia

A 6-71 blower with a 3" drive, high 10's in the quarter, driven to and from the strip. Yep, that would do it....

6. I can take one off my list now....got an old truck!
    Was hoping to drive it to Bonneville this year,til my tranny broke.

7. KidAgain

KidAgain

:)
    Finish the restoration of my 55 Nomad and had the keys to my loving son Hans. It just can't get any better.

8. old me

old me
    from Iowa

Finish my 63 Thunderbird.
    Started on it in 05-got lymphoma, summer of chemo treatments.
    Finally got bills paid off, got caught up on house maintenance '10-this was to be the year to get back on track!!
    Wrong-another summer of chemo treatments.
    Sucks getting old...

9. derbydad276

derbydad276

enter a car in the detroit autorama (and win somthing)
    bonneville !!
    drive a gasser
    drive rt 66
    own a duece or a T

10. 53Rags

53Rags
    from BC Canada

Route 66
    Bonneville
    Cruise Petaluma on a hot summer night

11. thing i want to do

never crash a shitbox sprint car again
    quit motorcycling

win some great show
    get wrote up in a magazine even can include the car!!:eek:
    meet and know more people in the custom world
    do some nice indoor shows next year before more go broke!!:cool:
    finish 2 cars that need body and paint
    Lord keep this old broken body moving so i can achieve these goals
    i waited 50 years to start customs and rods and have been trying to make up a lot of lost time!!!:rolleyes:

12. tattedfordguy

tattedfordguy

Thats funny...

13. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Finish ALL my projects...Yea, fat freakin' chance...

14. willumbilt

willumbilt

I can second that!! I got to do the same thing a couple years ago. Won the school tuition in a raffle at Perris, and also got to drive at Perris (1/2 mile). The school cars are "only" 630 HP, but who the hell's counting? Like you, sooner or later I just have to find the budget to do it again! One thing about it, Cory told me he could teach me more technique at the Ventura track, so that's where I'd do it second time around.

15. ravedodger

ravedodger

As RichFox said in his post last year, I need to decide to go to Bonneville. I never had an interest until last week at Disney's California Adventure where, of all places, I saw a dry lakes car in the Condor Flats store. Now I not only want to go to Bonneville, I'm also wanting to build a belly tanker. God knows I have enough parts now.
    Disney Lake Car.jpg

I also want to build a Model A roadster some day. Wish me luck.

16. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sit in the front seat of Nad's car.... ;)
    See the USA in my Chevrolet, all of it.

17. DaDuke

DaDuke
    from Tucson

Chopping tops for a living, my Bucket List came down to chopping a 49-51 Merc. Not for nothing except the Mec is an Icon. My time must be short, God sent me a "More-Door", (4-door), halfway thru it and its looking awesome.

18. - build a shop
    - finish my collection by adding a Model A, Model T and a massive 40's era convertible
    - Go to Bonneville
    - build rods with all 3 of my kids
    - own a retro gas station with a lot beside it that the car clubs use for gatherings

19. Pops1532

Pops1532
    from Illinois

Well there's a whole bunch of stuff I'd like to do, and cars I'd like to build. More than I have years left, and certainly more than I have money for. But hey, some of this is attainable.....

1. Promote a dirt track or three. It's my calling!
    2. Build a house, shop, and replica gas station. Have the property. Working on the $$$ part so we can build.
    3. Build my 56 F100 and 68 XL.
    4. Build a 56 F series or COE wrecker to display with my station and take to shows.
    5. Learn to pinstripe.
    6. Learn how to bend neon.
    7. Build a car for my wife.
    8. Build a car with my son that he will actually want to keep after I'm gone. We have different taste in cars so not sure what that build would be.
    9. Build a 59 Caddy in honor of my late son, since that's what he wanted to build.
    10. Cruise Route 66 with my wife.
    11. Go to Bonneville Speedweeks with my son.
    13. Move an iron through truss bridge to my property.
    14. Move an authentic diner to my property so my hot rod and racin buddies have a cool place to hang out.
    15. Build all the rest of the cars and trucks I want. This list varies from time to time but a 40 Ford Deluxe coupe has been on it since 1974. Others on the list.....57 Merc, 61 Starliner, 63 1/2 Galaxie, 39 Ford Standard coupe, 66 F100, 66 Fairlane GT ragtop, and of course a 32 coupe.

And for you guys that have the Daytona 500 on your list. I've been to several. All it took was being at one restrictor plate race for me to not want to go again. My advice is to put the money you'd spend on a Daytona 500 trip into a car that you'll get more enjoyment from.
    Pops

20. SLCK64

SLCK64

Get my Comet into the 10s and drive to the west coast in it on my own little "Two Lane Blacktop" kinda trip.

Oh and get a pre-58 car

21. Bonneville Avanti Dan

Bonneville Avanti Dan
    from California

Last year I had three things on my list.
    Drive a NASCAR Nextel Cup car
    Attend a Baseball Fantasy Camp
    Race a Studebaker at Bonneville
    So just so you know that dreams do come true I got to drive this at Bonneville last year.
    [​IMG]
    Everything you see and more was either on loan or donated to help me get to Bonneville and fulfill me dream. Now with my 6 year from diagnosis with cancer coming up at the end of next month I am 20 days away from returning to Bonneville to try and put the icing on the cake and set a record over 200 mph at Speed Week and join the prestigious "2" club.

Now I am convinced that I need to revisit my list. Thay was the last one I thought would be possible. So if it happened the others can to. So I will rework the list when I get back. Maybe do it on the anniversary of my battle.

22. ANDEREGG TRIBUTE

ANDEREGG TRIBUTE
    from Bordertown

1. "Finish" the Anderegg Tribute Roadster before we lose one of the "old timers"
    2. Get said roadster featured in a magazine.
    3. Take said roadster to GNRS and Sacramento Autorama.
    4. Renew my wedding vows in Vegas Drive-Thru chapel in the afore mention roadster.
    5. Restore my wife's 63 Sunbeam Alpine
    6. Put my Chevelle back together, and drive it again.
    7. See a Nascar race at Martinsville
    8. Spend at least 2 summers of my retirement in an RV pulling an open car trailer with some sort of dirt track car just travelling around the country racing every weekend at a different track.

23. Buzznut

Buzznut

• Own an OT '68 - '69 Hemi Muscle car - Charger, Cuda, Road Runner or Challenger
    • Build a '32 hiboy and drive it to Bonneville
    • Go 200 mph on the salt at Bonneville
    • Own an OT '65 Ferrari 275 GTB - preferably with a race heritage
    • Watch the Daytona 500 and Talledega from the infield
    • Restore a 40's era Harley
    • Build and drive a sub 10 second 1/4 mile '33 Willys coupe
    • Race the Silver Streak (or whatever they are calling it or has replaced it these days)
    • Bootleg Coors from Texarkana to Alabama

24. 45_70Sharps

45_70Sharps

Have a 32 ford!

Go to Bonneville. I think I can actually afford to save for that one.

25. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

I had a thought about all the people who write "Go to Bonneville" You always hear that. I first went to Bonneville in 1966 when I was 23. So by now I have had 45 years of remembering that first trip to the salt. Now I'm 68. If I make the National Average of 72 that means I only get 4 years to remember this trip. Which one was the better deal? Obviously the 1966 trip. Moral-Go now. Go when you are young and can remember it for a long time. Pick a class that you can compete in and build a car. Some can be reasonable if not inexpensive. If you live in NorCal your close. 600 miles. Go. You can ride with me if you want. Your on your own when we get there. But I have room for a rider there and back Go.

26. Ride the Isle of Mann TT. I am afraid that ship has sailed.

I could build an impossible list. But suffice to say if I can finish the 3 projects I have on hand at this moment I will be part way there.

There are a couple of cars that I still haven't owned and driven that I would like to but I don't see that happening. I just don't have that many good years left. not a defeatist here just a realist.

My actual real biggest desire to get done before I check out is to pass on what I have learned over the last 40 or so years to someone else. This is not a noble desire, I want to do it for selfish reasons. Maybe whomever gleans this knowledge will get some of the things done that I never got around to.

Rich,
    Good words friend. I don't remember my first trip to B-Ville I was wrapped in a blanket. I don't even remember knowing how important B-Ville was in my life until after I was grown, I do remember it was one of those things that I got to do with the Ol' Man. To this day I wish I had acted on my knowlege and built myself a land speed car of some sort.

I do have a memorable trip that I did in the '80s. I was in my later 20s and tuning a sporster for a fella. I taped his down tubes to keep the salt off the front of his engine and found out it was a class violation. :eek: He had to retech, damn the luck.

If you are from N Cal take Mr Fox up on his offer you will never ever regret it in your entire life. You cannot get a better offer than to go to the salt with a veteran.

You are a good man Rich Fox.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2011
  27. Keep

Keep

Take my Dad for a cruise in the bucket. Getting closer just a few more things to do.

28. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

catch a ride in one badass roadster or coupe. since we'll never have the money to own one...i at least want a ride.

29. TerrorSwain

TerrorSwain

Finish my 54 the way it should be done.
    Drive across the country.
    Build something with a blown flathead.
    Find my dad's t-bucket, and at least sit in it once.
    Drive a C1 or C2 corvette.
    Do some hotlaps at Indy.
    Race a car (preferably DIRT. Maybe a sprint car)
    Go to bonneville.
    And last but not least. Break 200 MPH. (gotta be a hell of an adrenaline rush!!!!!!!!!!)

30. I'd love to have a car that get's a feature in a magazine someday....I just think it'd be really neat to see my car in print

Sent from my iPhone using TJJ