Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects been awhile

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by durty, Aug 30, 2015.

1. durty

durty

So it has been awhile since I have been on the H.A.M.B. just a little update I guess have bought and sold many of project cars that I should have kept. But recently I came across a 52 chevy 4door. That this older gentalmen had started to sell his collection. pretty cool guy. So when I pulled up to his yard the first think I see was a chopped 40s ford cab tucked in the trees and then he had a 63 impala in there yard proceeded to tell me the 64 was in the shop. Anyways as we loaded up the 52 chevy he was telling me that he has been collecting for 50 years. Now if it wasn't so late out and I still had to drive another 6 plus hours. I would have checm out his collection. But noticed him selling mores later on that week and does he ever have a collection I would say at least 5acres of cars behind his trees. Well away enough about the story of picking up the car now time for what I have done so far. I plan on putting it on air. Wasn't sure on the motor or drive train. Happen to come acrossed a 72 caprice that was wrecked but runs and drives. Back story on it was hat it was an old cop car and had an upgrade to a 402 big block. so snagged that up and pukked the motor trans and rear end out. Pulled the pan off the ending and turned it over checking out the piston skirts and cyclinder wells. I could still see some cross hatchings on it. Also noticed that the caps where all marked. It had long tube headers on it but they had been flattened looked like someone bottomed it pretty hard. also bought a mustang 2 kit for bags I want it to lay on the ground. Alright well this is long enough thanks for reading

Attached Files:

2. good luck with it...keep us posted !

3. brady1929

brady1929

Yes, good luck

4. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

congrats - yep, too bad that you did not get pics/info on other cars

Register now to get rid of these ads!