Register now to get rid of these ads!

Been a long time! Building a fed

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 42hotrod, Sep 24, 2014.

1. 42hotrod

42hotrod
    from S.E. Idaho

I haven't been around for quite awhile. I lurk around but nothing to post for awhile. My 46 pickup went to France and i have had some non hamb friendly stuff. My 55 gasser sold to a guy in canada.
    I have a 78 trans am I've been tooling around with for awhile I built.

Now to the crazy part. I just closed the deal on a 72 172" FED. Its a roller but I need to make some cage updates to cert it. It was last teched in 93. Its a really decent car and well built. I have everything to make it run but some chassis updates and all the SFI stuff. Its in Boise Idaho and I have it arranged to have the nhra tech guy take a look before I bring it home so I have a punch list and don't have any surprises when I go get it certed next spring. Running a 468 BBC and a glide with a fully built 12 bolt chev. Going to cert it to 7.50 so I can go faster later without having to do any chassis updates. I'm hoping to run low 9's to start next spring then build from there. I'll get pictures soon enough. I found it at the fall swap meet and test and tune at Firebird raceway, made the deal over the phone a couple days later. I didn't get a chance to go pick it up yet though. I'm a firefighter and over in California on the king fire with our departments tactical tender. Needless to say, pictures as soon as I get home and go get it! I'm hoping to get history on it even if its nothing special. More to come!

lawman and turboroadster like this.
  2. Yes, photo's would be cool. Stay safe!

lawman likes this.
  3. i second the motion...pic please

4. 42hotrod

42hotrod
    from S.E. Idaho

This isn't it, this one was running there but chassis wise it looks almost identical.

Attached Files:

5. HemiRambler

HemiRambler

Sounds like fun!!!!

6. 12 bolt seems strange.

Good luck.

7. 42hotrod

42hotrod
    from S.E. Idaho

yeah, it seemed strange to me too, I would figure a Chrysler 8 3/4 or ford 9".