Register now to get rid of these ads!

been a few years

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by patrick english, Feb 12, 2012.

1. patrick english

patrick english
    from La puente

hey dudes,its been a while since ive been on here..havnt had a car..but i just got this today from cooter.thanks bud.planning on getting it running and driving it.then ill rebuild my truck engine and drive this meanwhile.then start doing stupid stuff to the falcon..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    ill try to get pics of the engine soon waiting for it to upload from my phone.but its looks complete and looks like someone did have it running..but the carb is missing..there was a bunch of cool stuff inside the car too..some brand new parts too.if anyone has a carb for this thing let me know..i need one.oh yeah,its a 1960.
    pat

2. Lookin good pat! If it werent for me you wouldnt have it haha. Anyway...He is thinking about going "gasser" Style. I totally agree. I am not letting the cat out of the bag yet but I am sure some of you have been watching a couple of my builds. Well i am building something similar....But not a falcon.Well this will definately be a cool ride!!

3. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

All Falcons are cool.

4. Original57

Original57

Very cool Patrick. Glad you're back.

Have to agree with tommyd, all falcons are cool. :)

5. Nice score , lookslike the same car a friend drove in high school..

6. patrick english

patrick english
    from La puente

thanks jon!! and others..thanks for the welcome back..yep planning on doing a gasser..been wanting to do a gasser for about 5 years..i just havnt had a place to build one..i was living at my moms and everytime i would get a project they would get tired of it being in the driveway after about 2 months..i got rid of a bunch of cars and trucks over the past few years because of that.

im having trouble deciding if i wana get it running as is or just start tearing into it..my buddy has a complete f 100 front end for me and a few 430 mel motors..said hed let me have one for real cheap....what to do...

7. patrick english

patrick english
    from La puente

heres the engine..hard to see but all the wires and sylinoid look brand new.. looks like someone had it running...just missing the carb.
    [​IMG]

8. 55chevr

55chevr

I had two Falcons ... a 1960 and a 1962 ... the engines do not have strong bottom ends ... dropped a rod in the 60 just driving on the parkway ... I burnt and holed a piston in the 62 and when I changed out the piston the rod bolts stripped at 15 lbs of torque.

9. I would say get it running and drive it around for a bit. Save up some cash and figure everything out. Then go all out on the build.

10. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

If the head, valve cover, and exhaust manifold are any indication, that is a late 200 or even 250. great engine for these cars and you would be suprised how hard they can run. Get it running, stick a five speed behind that engine, maybe hang a small turbo or at least do a three carb deal and that thing will be great! Over on the classicinlines sight, there is a guy that took a very mild 250 with a turbo into the 11s before stepping up his game with an aftermarket aluminum head abd getting into the 10s...

11. Crankhole

Crankhole

Not sure why 56 Ford Custom was pullin my chain but...
    Hack it up and squeeze that 430 into it.

12. patrick english

patrick english
    from La puente

dang for reals?..i dont plan on racing it..im too fat for that..but i want it to move..

13. patrick english

patrick english
    from La puente

youre probly right..i turned the motor over..so its not siezed..thats good news..just waiting to find a carb for this..

14. patrick english

patrick english
    from La puente

i had nothing to do with that..he did say he asked you about the car though.

fa sho..thats what i want to do..whats up with that front seat?you think of any tattoo ideas yet?

15. Hey cooter, Sorry about that. I wasnt pullin your chain. I was actually going to get the car but pat wanted it so I ended up backing off.

16. patrick english

patrick english
    from La puente

thanks jon...i thought about it.if i can get my buddy to help me do this build,im just guna go ahead with the straight axle and the 430..no sense in putting money into the 6 just to take it out..

Last edited: Apr 12, 2012
  17. ryanscustom

ryanscustom
    from Jax, FL

Very cool, good luck with it!

18. Stock Racer

Stock Racer

Gasser with a 300" inline 6 cyl!