Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Beebe Bros, Vinson, & Sixt "Cackle Car"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by THE-SYNDICATE, Dec 10, 2010.

1. KING CHASSIS

KING CHASSIS

Man got his firesuit!!! Unbeliveable!!!! SCORE!!!

2. THE-SYNDICATE

THE-SYNDICATE

Yeah Brian... That's a special treat for sure! HUGE SCORE....

;-)

~Berta

3. The Mandrill

The Mandrill
    from Tulsa

That suit is one of the coolest effin things I have seen in a while. NICE score!

4. THE-SYNDICATE

THE-SYNDICATE

Howdy!

Just a few more late nights in the shop and I've completed the upper frame rail. 2 more heat bends at the rear-end uprights and some tube in tube joints and we're there MAN!!!! You might notice the joint for the main hoop that ends at the back of the rear end upright. Not how I would build a car but a must for the rebuild. That's exactly how the original car was done. I ran the smaller tube about 10" back inside the other one with a few rosette welds to make sure the was plenty-o-meat in there. Time for some snappies......

Attached Files:

5. resqd37Zep

resqd37Zep
    from Nor Cal

Pure awesomeness!

6. THE-SYNDICATE

THE-SYNDICATE

1st class view....

Attached Files:

7. THE-SYNDICATE

THE-SYNDICATE

Side shot....

Attached Files:

8. Love the progress...keep 'em coming! ;)

9. Tom S. in Tn.

Tom S. in Tn.

I suppose this was done to keep the rear hoops 1 piece and with only 1 radius (?). Looks alright to me to have the union aft of the rear axle stress point, maybe a tad further back perhaps. But even after 40 years, I'm still learning and sometimes daily.

Question; Will this car be tagged?
    Tom S. in Tn.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2012
  10. THE-SYNDICATE

THE-SYNDICATE

I'm not sure why Lee put the joint right there but it's plain as day in the photos so I'm duplicating it. The car is plenty strong and will be just fine for what I'm doing but it will not receive a tag as it's far from legal specs.

Cheers,

Robert M.

11. Glad it's coming along....awesome score on the fire suit!!!!

12. jfrolka

jfrolka

Anything new?

13. Magnus

Magnus
    from Sweden

Now that's a cool piece of safety wear. Subscribed

14. THE-SYNDICATE

THE-SYNDICATE

Hey Guys,

So... Long time no post. Doesn't mean I have been idle... Just trying to get thru this and that and slowly keep the machine rolling along. Good news is that I have 4 more pieces of tube to put in the frame and then it's ready for final welding! I promise more pictures in a week or so... All work to the block should be done by now at the machine shop, Roger Lee hooked me up with a good set of heads that should work just fine. Now that Harvest is done, Holidays are behind us, I should be able to get back to real speed and tie up a bunch of loose ends!

Did manage to score the exact Enderle 3-Way shutoff on eBay a week or two ago... Last item needed for the fuel system other than lines!

More news soon,

Robert M.

Attached Files:

15. THE-SYNDICATE

THE-SYNDICATE

Here's a pic of all the front end diagonals. Really stiff car for 1965! There's tubing going all over the place up here.... These are a real bitch to fit BTW! But they're perfect and the frame is DEAD-NUTS! 2 more to add behind the motor plate and then just the front seat riser tubes.

Film at 11:00...

~RM

Attached Files:

16. jfrolka

jfrolka

Lookin good... I figured some cobwebs needed to be blown off this thread.

Chrr 13'?

17. Larry G.

Larry G.

Robert what did you use for your engine alignment bar it looks like tube.

18. THE-SYNDICATE

THE-SYNDICATE

Hey Larry,

Roger Lee found this material at his magic supply house out in Stockton CA. It's some form of Steel Tube/Pipe with a ground finish on the outside. Turns out that it fits perfect in the journals of an early SBC. 2.488" I think is the OD. I stopped by the place one day heading home and sure enough, they had a bunch on the shelf... I grabbed a few feet and now I have my own. We used the same bar to back half a little J/F car a few years ago and this is where we discovered the perfect fit in the SBC journals!

Cheers,

RM

19. THE-SYNDICATE

THE-SYNDICATE

Trying real hard....

20. THE-SYNDICATE

THE-SYNDICATE

Hey Gang,

I thought I would send a few pics of progress on the Beebe Bros and Sixt AA/FD! Work is continuing but it's not as fast as I would like. The key item is that we're moving forward not backwards! The front radius rods are all completed and all the diagonals have been added to the front end of the car. The ultra rare AC-Delco PF-5 oil filters have been found and I've got 2 NOS unit on the shelf. A fresh 3.90 gear 3rd member and Olds drum brakes have been secured. From all pictures I have of the car during the 1st phase of it's life it was sporting Drum brakes so I'm going with them! I have about 4 more pieces of tube to put in the frame and then it's time for final welding. The cage will be installed after I get the thing off the jig and down where I can see things a little better. I'll be checking up with the S&S boys hopefully this week as I believe all the final machine work to the block is done. Balancing the rotating goods is the only thing holding up the assembly of the short block at this point as I have everything I need for that. Oh, and super cool news! I called Jerry Jardine and it turns out he still has JIGS to make his Zoomies from back in the day. I shipped my ultra nice Don Ross flange plates off to them last week to get a set of "Real" Jardine's for the car. The list goes on and on.....

Cheers,

Robert Morris

Attached Files:

21. Larry G.

Larry G.

Looking good Robert

22. THE-SYNDICATE

THE-SYNDICATE

And I felt that another collage for the shop walls was in order... Here's some of the best pics of the car in it's original configuration assembled into one spot.

~RM

Attached Files:

23. Tom S. in Tn.

Tom S. in Tn.

I still find it unreal to see 50 year old parts of the actual car finding their way home here. Tom S. in Tn.

24. Larry G.

Larry G.

Tom S. I agree it is amazing that people still have these parts laying around and can identify them.

25. THE-SYNDICATE

THE-SYNDICATE

I've been scratching my head a bit about fitting the cage on this deal so I thought it might be best to ask a few questions. I dropped by Kent Fuller's shop this AM and he lined me out real quick! So Bitchin to have talent like this in your back yard.... Very lucky.

-RM

ImageUploadedByTJJ1360796112.345028.jpg

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

26. Larry G.

Larry G.

How cool is that what did you use for a radius on the bend Robert.

27. THE-SYNDICATE

THE-SYNDICATE

Hey Larry,

This was just a sample piece that Kent had lying around. I've got an original RCS hoop for mine and I really don't want to screw it up. So I thought asking the master might be a good thing! He said with a little careful set-up as shown you can nail it every time.

Cheers,

RM

28. Fugly Too

Fugly Too

Here ya go Robert. Lemme shoot the card and I'll get it up here.

Attached Files:

29. fordman1

fordman1

Thank god for the internet to help make this possible (oh and cash!).

This is an amazing build. Hopefully there will be more like it, people spurred on to try it. Not completely a clone when so many of the original parts are brought together.

30. Fugly Too

Fugly Too

Even my digital camera stuff is "old school"!!

When my kids get the latest toy, dad get's their oldies... (computers, cell phones, cameras, you name it...)

Took me a few tries to get a decent focus.

"Here's yer sign................."

Attached Files: