Register now to get rid of these ads!

Beating a dead horse..54 chevy suspension

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mojodaddy originals, Dec 9, 2007.

1. What's up everyone, I was searching through all of the old posts I could possibly read on here last night trying to find info on swapping the front end of a 54 chevy with a mustang II bag setup. I have looked at Fatman Fab stuff, but have never seen a setup listed exactly for a 54. I am planning on running bags on all four corners so any help would be appreciated! Do you have to get a setup for a different year and modify it or what? Also, in my 54 I plan on running a 350/350 combo and was wondering what type of rear axle is best for this type of motor/trans?

Last but not least, Trying to find a dealer for the OE chrome reverse wheels with spider caps, etc. I haven't been able to locate the ones I am looking for. I am trying to find info/dealer on reverse wheels like the image below.

[​IMG]

I apologize for the loaded question but this is my first project and I am trying to get all of my sources together!~Thanks in advance~Mojodaddy

2. for most any info on that subject try www.chevytalk.com and check out the 49'-54' forum

3. ray

ray
    from colorado

49-54 chevy all mount the suspension the same, the crossmembers you see should fit all those years.

4x4 s-10 rear axles fit nice and are cheap and plentiful.

wheel vintiques has the wheels you want.

4. Westside Lefty

Westside Lefty
    from Venice

Fatman has a kit for '49-'54. I'm looking at the paper catalog right now. Hit up Gambino Customs for a deep discount for hambers. Try stockton wheel for the rest.

5. noboD

noboD

Pre-'63 Corvette too.

6. Thanks for all the replies, 55dude, I'll check out the chevy talk forum and see what they have to offer. Ray, I have never heard of using the 4x4 s-10 axle in the rear but I am sure there are plenty of those floating around. Is there any specific year I should be looking for, or does it really matter? I'll check out Wheel Vintiques. Westside Lefty, do you have a part number on the Fatman kit for 54's, I have the catalog but I must have overlooked it or something, the only I one recall seeing was the 54 truck IFS? Thanks for the heads up on Stockton, and I'll definately hit up Gambino Customs as well, I wanna get one of his c-notch kits for the rear of my chevy.