Register now to get rid of these ads!

Bearings for American Racing Spindle mounts

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Curly, Oct 22, 2012.

1. Does anyone know of a reference chart for bearing numbers, or bearing sizes for a pair of American Racing 12 spoke spindle mounts? I also need the seal.

I did a quick search to see if it was safe to assume that stock Ford bearings and seals could be used. Well the search was enough to scare the beejesus out of me when I saw the carnage done by cheap offshore bearings!!!:eek:

I was going to order all of it from Speedway but after the search here and recalling the bearings in a Speedway brake kit falling apart in my hands when I unpackaged it I thought it might be a good idea to look for a quality bearing!

2. CutawayAl

CutawayAl
    from MI

If you measure the ID, OD and width of the bearings and seals needed a bearing supplier can get pretty much anything you might want in various grades of quality and precision.

3. Yep I know that but the place I used to deal with (Bearings Inc) is long gone and trying to deal with some people behind a counter is next to impossible without bearing numbers. seems they can cross reference from one brand to another but good look having them actually look up sizes.

Years ago I had supplier catalogs and could cross reference a CR (old Chicago Rawhide) seal pretty easily and quick. Same with Timken and F.A.G. bearings. Do not have the books anymore.