Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Bearing cross-reference resources

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 27Tudor, Dec 21, 2018.

1. 27Tudor

27Tudor

I bought a bunch of NOS bearings that I believe are automotive and want to figure out application. What is the best source? Bearings are a mix of Timken, Nice, BCA/Bowers, New Departure, Federal Mogul and ACDelco. Thanks

Sent from my SM-N910V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

2. alchemy

alchemy

Many bearings fit multiple applications, and sometimes they are automotive and industrial. Finding one application would limit your market. The numbers are kinda standardized, so if you list them for sale somewhere a guy searching would know what he needs (provided he knows the part number of the bearing he is replacing). Google is great for finding cross references.

3. Oilguy

Oilguy

Search SKF Bearing Interchange. It is a very large file but has a lot of information and may be helpful. I believe the Nice (neece) bearings are inch dimensional and may be a different animal.

4. Terrible80

Terrible80

Rockauto has some good x-references, put in # and see different aplications.

5. Back before computers auto parts stores had a buyers guide catalog that went with the application catalog.It allowed the parts guy to do a reverse look up by number.It gave common uses by number.They might still print them.Find a parts store that has a gray haired guy,and ask if they still do.

6. Jokester

Jokester

I'm in the same boat. I have a bunch of SKF bearings. Interchanges to other brands are fairly easy to find. It's a little more difficult to get application information. I downloaded 2 catalogs (pre-2000 and post-2000) and a cross reference from the SKF website. Once you have the catalog you can search on the part number and gather the applications one at a time. It's pretty time consuming but it works. Many of my bearings are for over the road trucks and construction equipment. Those apps are harder to pinpoint.

Good luck.

7. 27Tudor

27Tudor

So far I figured out that one is a pinion bearing for late 50s to early 70s Fird, Lincoln, Mercury and Edsel. And one is an industrial bearing that is $500 new directly from SKF.

Sent from my SM-N910V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app