Register now to get rid of these ads!

Be Honest Guys...How Many of you have...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by corncobcoupe, May 12, 2005.

1. Daughter in 6th year of college now, last year I think.
    My car money comes from side work, buying and selling stuff. Sometimes no money at all, other times I can do or buy stuff.
    Like a lot of folks, day by day, week by week.

Richard

2. Flathead Youngin'

Flathead Youngin'

Those that answer are flat broke, those that don't have some jak! :D

I was wondering this too a few weeks ago. How many of you guys go in hock or just simply spend tooooo much on this stuff. I have! I need to order $20 worth of stuff from a place....I've been holding off trying to recoupe a little after buying the roadster. That hurt!

I didn't post this same thing for the very reason........the responses your getting. Nobody, on here, is going to say, "Yessir, I'm sitting on about a 100k!" They'd be stupid to do so. In a place with the majority worker bees, you'd see a lot of......anyway!

Just kidding on the first line, don't get your panties in a wad, everyone!

3. Brandy

Brandy
    from Texas

To conquer the hotrod world and make men every where my personal footstool!:D
    xxx
    Brandy

4. murph

murph

I asked just as a totally different question just to relate.
    I pissed Murph off first thing and actually Murph is hitting on me for a date through P.M.s. right Murph ?

Funny thing is that I just happened to be the first to see your post and reply. Could have been anyone. On one hand it's a shame that the original intent of your question got lost. On the other hand, it did stir things up, which I think was also your intent. I guess that was part of the problem... things just got two tents. < badump bump >

Hey, we still on for Taco Bell tomorrow night?

-murph

5. caddyman65

caddyman65

That would ALMOST be worth it to get to her.....NOT

6. So am I...did you sell your bike? I really do want a bike.Can I hire you

to make me one? WHat was the one that you were talking about called again? I would like to search and see if I can find one to get started with.
    I am approved for $50000 with USAA for a car loan..so I am hopefully refinancing...I wonder if I could work in a bike in that deal too..LOL
    (turns out my credit is still linked to davids..there..good for me.:)
    Tell me what you think...
    what kind of handle bars do you suggest?
    Also..where would i go to get lessons? I might hav to wait til next summer..but I want to learn now to ride..so I wont be a wannabe0biker girl

7. 46stude

46stude

Sign me up, baby- I'm yours! :cool:

8. Dirty Little Princess

Dirty Little Princess

Oh hell, I was up to my eyeballs in debt last year when I bought my truck. I've hardly driven for all the projects adding front discs, a little drop, all new electrical, cool chrome grill, new distributor, rebuilt motor and overdrive trans...I'm already over my 2 year budget plan. So yesterday when we started the new motor I decided I'm done with the spending for while.

TODAY - I ordered a set of full length headers and a chrome mounting kit for my alternator.
    I love my truck....coolest ride I've ever had.

9. $10,000 spare cash one day, zero the next....just like most people but you already know that, didn'tja, Bob?
    If either of us had a pile of ready cash for toys, we wouldn't be trading each other caddy engines for old Hemis..a straight up trade with no money involved.
    And you would have charged me a lot more than $40 for that complete 39 ford steering gear, column [with key] and wheel....and I wouldn't have arrived at your house in a busted down 84 Fiero to claim it....
    'sides, money is highly overated...

10. Kev Nemo

Kev Nemo

I got money, I got juice
    I got to the party and I got loose
    I got rhythms, I got rhymes
    I got the girlies with the Def behinds
    I got ill, I got busted
    I got dust and I got dusted
    I got gold, I got funky
    I got the new dance they call the Brass Monkey

-I'm sorry-I couldn't help myself. I know most of the guys over 35 and under 25 won't get it...

11. TERPU

TERPU

Let me go ask my wife, she keeps tellin' me were rich from the trailer screen door.

Terpu

12. Brandy

Brandy
    from Texas

Hot dog! A Texan to call my very own!:D

Rocky-----Make that $10, 025!!:D Such a good point made by such a wise man.....makes those of us smart enough to listen step back and take them all in.
    xxx
    Brandy

13. 50dodge4x4

50dodge4x4

How much money I have to spend on a Hot Rod really depends on how bad I think I have to have it. For the right car, I could probably find that 5K, 10K or even that 15K! I have good credit... now making the payments on that loan might be an entirely different story. That's probably why I"m not looking for anything right now. Might also be why I have almost every thing I own up for sale...Being broke sucks.

A few years ago I decided I was tired of always being broke. That was when I changed my buying habits from buying what I want to buying what I need. After only a few years, its amazing how much easier it is to walk away from some things. I still have too many things I think I need, but I'm getting better. I still don't have any money, but I owe a lot less. I figure if I live to be a hundred I might be able to have a few dollars in the bank, I'm almost 50 now...Gene

14. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

yur halfway there man!

here's the long and the short of things. . .

my wife an i make decent coin, and have for a few years now...

i buy an old car, a few bits an chunks to make it a little better, and POW, outta nowhere cancer starts eatin at mama's innards, combine that with my inability to understand that money is tight and i keep buyin shit. . .

almost a hunnerd G's later, no more cancer (for now) and there goes about 99.999% of all your phunny munnie, and every other penny for the next ten years

flush one day, and flushed the next. it all goes around so i'll just keep polishing turds till the wheel comes round my way again

15. Just about next to nothing...but I like making alot of things...but the things I actually do need to buy...I'm not sure where the money comes from, but I know when I do have it...I go get something for the car...forget the mortgage, gas, electric, loans...gotta have that perfect NOS piece of chrome for the tips of the fins...or that passenger side fender...glad I got my priorities straight.

16. Lionheart

Lionheart

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I STARTED OUT WITH NOTHING AND HAVE MOST OF IT LEFT.

WHEN I GREW UP, BACK ON THE FARM, WE WERE SO POOR, WE HAD TO JACK OFF THE DOG, JUST TO FEED THE CAT.

WE WERE CONVINCED THAT CHICKEN SHIT TASTED AS GOOD AS MINCED MEAT.

"IF" WE WERE GOOD KIDS, WE WOULD GET TO GO TO TOWN, SO WE COULD GO DUMPSTER DIVING BEHIND THE LOCAL SLAUGHTER HOUSE.

WE DIDN'T KNOW WE WERE POOR, TILL WE ENCOUNTERED THE 5 cent PAY TOILETS, AND THEN WE HAD TO SHIT IN EACH OTHERS POCKETS.

MY FONDEST MEMORIES OF THE OL' FARM THOUGH, WAS THE MANURE SPREDDER, CAUSE WE COULD DRIVE THE SHIT OUT'A THAT THING. :D :D

DID I MENTION, WE WAS POOR.

17. evilgenius

evilgenius

i'm pretty broke. the only work i can really do on my car is from parts i've already collected or a few dollars here and there for a can of paint. this is gonna be an uber budget resto.... it's a long term project anyway,i'm in no rush...

matt

18. Jey

Jey

i sold my truck last night, and thinking of this thread i took a picture of me "ghetto style"

:D

here's how much money i have now [​IMG]

19. Flathead Youngin'

Flathead Youngin'

:):):)

We were so poor, we couldn't afford to pay attention!
    We were so poor, poverty looked good to us!

20. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

here's how much money i have now [​IMG][/QUOTE]

Hey Jey,
    Do you want to buy my RED Slammed 94 Chevy roll panned shortbox now with only 75,400 miles on it.Super Sharp. !
    Will make you a kick ass deal.
    Cob

21. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Hey Jey,
    Do you want to buy my RED Slammed 94 Chevy roll panned shortbox now with only 75,400 miles on it.Super Sharp. !
    Will make you a kick ass deal.
    Cob[/QUOTE]

Oh YEA - I'm not going to ask how many Bennies you have there. It would be rude. BWHAAAAAAA. ( Looks like about 30-40 guess.
    Seriously- I'll make you a hell of a deal.
    Cob

22. Jey

Jey

Oh YEA - I'm not going to ask how many Bennies you have there. It would be rude. BWHAAAAAAA. ( Looks like about 30-40 guess.
    Seriously- I'll make you a hell of a deal.
    Cob[/QUOTE]

I have 80 Bennies :D they all wouldn't fit in my hand....

Anyway, i've still got my 88, which is laying rockers to the ground. I don't have room in my garage for another truck as of right now... Sounds clean. I will put the word out for you! PM me some pix.

23. ray

ray
    from colorado

hey, i get what you're gettin at. it ain't rude or insulting to ask if someone can just drop a large chunk of cash on their hobby. if you're insulted, you're too caught up in the rat race. you didn't ask how much we make, just if we can drop the cash for a vehicle purchase. you'd think the question was how little is your dick!

me, nope, generally can't plunk down the cashola for a ride like that, not that it's never happened. i'm a blue collar working stiff, i generally buy em dirt cheap, then sink the money into them piece by piece, and MAKE most of what i need. but, just because i don't generally have large cash on hand doesn't mean i'm poor, or can't spend money on my cars, i actually spend the majority of our household income on car stuff, hundreds of dollars in PARTS every month. it's easy, i have no new car payment, no credit cards, no unnecessary bills to pay. and somehow i manage to shoot the shit with my boss at work, who's bought a transporter of cars at barrett jackson every year. different incomes, different idealogies, but we can still dig and respect what each other do. all income types contribute to the hobby.

the irony of this post is that it's most telling of the people who get upset and say "it's none of your business", etc....whatcha so insecure about?

24. Tha Driver

Tha Driver
    BANNED
    from S.E. USA

Bush is in office & gas is over $2 -do you need to ask? No, no one has any money. At least in the past several years I've seen very few enthuiasts that have any.
    Willing to trade body & paint - show quality - for parts or cars. I'm above Atlanta.
    ~ Paul
    aka "Tha Driver"

Giggle Cream - it makes dessert *funny*!

25. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

from britanny to bush,,, and not britanny's bush either... fukin politics.. GO HOME :mad:

26. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

I agree - just bringing up money gets the rev limiter going.
    politics...that will send the tach to ten grand !
    DON"T GO THERE.
    Cob

27. ray

ray
    from colorado

way to go, the topic was DEAD till you brought it back to the top!:rolleyes:

FWIW the new guy was given a heads up, but it wasn't a big deal, cause the post had already sank.